Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Does anybody else feel like there is a huge hole at 2RW? I do not wish to see Morgan Geekie in the top six again despite the fact that he outperformed expectations.
My Laine dream but cap space is filling up quickly here. Want him retained by CLB when the time is right later this summer.

Someone unplug Sweeney's phone before he buys some additional 4th liner / 3rd pairing D.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Does anybody else feel like there is a huge hole at 2RW? I do not wish to see Morgan Geekie in the top six again despite the fact that he outperformed expectations.
No question. Sweeney replaced a top 6 winger with a top 6 center. One hole filled another created.

Used the rest of the space on the 3rd pair as exciting as Zadorov is in Boston that is not helping the goal scoring issues.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
No question. Sweeney replaced a top 6 winger with a top 6 center. One hole filled another created.

Used the rest of the space on the 3rd pair as exciting as Zadorov is in Boston that is not helping the goal scoring issues.
I gotta figure they're banking on one of Merk or Lysell making the team to start then they'll try to add more scoring at the deadline.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I like the additions even if slightly overpaid, but we couldn't score in the playoffs. How is that improved? I don't see it.
by giving the team more of any opportunity to score - better back end, better possession, better face offs will lead to more time of possession. specifically looking at the florida series where they dominated the puck for stints, this roster already feels like it can keep up a little better and wont be as desperate for possession

Reactions: FONZIE

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
by giving the team more of any opportunity to score - better back end, better possession, better face offs will lead to more time of possession. specifically looking at the florida series where they dominated the puck for stints, this roster already feels like it can keep up a little better and wont be as desperate for possession
I think we need another finisher in the top 6. We had chances, no one could bury. it.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I think we need another finisher in the top 6. We had chances, no one could bury. it.
every team got chances like that against florida in the playoffs, with edmonton obviously capitalizing on more than anyone else. imo the issue is that is an unsustainable plan when the panthers are applying constant and incredible pressure.

...not to say boston doesnt need another scorer but i think this an effective plan thus far.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Is Jones better than Greer? Anybody know?
My opinion? Yes. Undoubtedly. Better defensively. Can be a punishing hitter. Keeps it simple.

And I like Greer a lot. I feel like Greer was bigger but not as nasty of a north/south presence.

Bruins have added a lot of hitting and a lot of give-a-shit to the fourth line. Different route than I imagined… but precisely what I wanted to see.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
The Bruins are better today than this past season.

Love the signings. Sweeney did great today!
I wouldn’t be so sure of that.

Yes Lindholm is a real add, and Zadorov is better than the other third pair left D options.

But now your 2nd line right wing is probably Geekie, and your backup goalie is horrendous.

I’d say they’re slightly better thanks to having upgraded their 2C. But far from any significant upgrade.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not convinced they're cup favorites (they'll be hanging in the upper part of the league standings though), but I do know this team will be entertaining and make Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from October to April a lot of fun

Reactions: Dellstrom

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
My opinion? Yes. Undoubtedly. Better defensively. Can be a punishing hitter. Keeps it simple.

And I like Greer a lot. I feel like Greer was bigger but not as nasty of a north/south presence.

Bruins have added a lot of hitting and a lot of give-a-shit to the fourth line. Different route than I imagined… but precisely what I wanted to see.

Perhaps too many 4th liners now even with Lauko traded for free.
Thankfully Maroon is long gone.

Brazeau has to be a lock with his size and sneaky skill for the size. In the playoffs he showed more than willing to finish heavy hits.

Max Jones. Could be 4th line could be #13.
Kastelic/Beecher sound similar in face offs. Beecher speed, Kastelic tough.

Four names right there for 3 slots and each plays the way we need our 4th line to play. Punish. Hammer not nail.

I will say Beecher disappointed in the playoffs in terms of physicality- I noticed his few hits were that pitiful Tkachuk style, rear first.

The question for the offseason is if Poitras and Lysell are ready, if Sweeney is indeed done.

Reactions: Blowfish

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Perhaps too many 4th liners now even with Lauko traded for free.
Thankfully Maroon is long gone.

Brazeau has to be a lock with his size and sneaky skill for the size. In the playoffs he showed more than willing to finish heavy hits.

Max Jones. Could be 4th line could be #13.
Kastelic/Beecher sound similar in face offs. Beecher speed, Kastelic tough.

Four names right there for 3 slots and each plays the way we need our 4th line to play. Punish. Hammer not nail.

I will say Beecher disappointed in the playoffs in terms of physicality- I noticed his few hits were that pitiful Tkachuk style, rear first.

The question for the offseason is if Poitras and Lysell are ready, if Sweeney is indeed done.

We forget this was his first playoffs...he also had a huge goal too.

He'll build on this...4th line problems

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
IMO, Lysell is the wild card going into camp. If he can play, this team could be really dangerous...

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Coyle - Lysell
Frederic - Poitras - Geekie
Jones - Beecher - Brazeau
X: Kastelic

Zadorov - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke
X: Wotherspoon

Swayman, Korpisalo
By the sounds of it Kastelic will in the line-up and used as a PKer per Sweeney's presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad