Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011

It’s basically 7- 8.5 M

He is Mr Boston - he’s probably at Dunks now holding the door for people and patting a dog sitting outside waiting for the owner

You want fear - finding hornets net in yard or driving to Chipotle thinking they will be out of brown rice or veggie fajitas (seriously last 10 times one of these has been out - wtf!!!!! Come on)

Sway rhymes with stay

I just had an image of you rocking back and forth in a dark corner somewhere, mumbling with tears in your eyes, "Sway rhymes with stay," over and over again while he's playing on another team in October.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I know Grzelcyk has been on the decline but can any Bruins fan give a quick scouting report of his pros/cons/role?
He's good at transitioning the puck out of the D-zone and playing zone defense, but his biggest flaw is when he has to defend the front of his net. He's also not an offensive threat.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
without shitting on it bc i legitimately dont know - what more do you have to add to a geekie or frederic to get pinto?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
And this is where not having a Swayman contract gets realllll interesting.

11.2mil cap space left, some good free agent left on the board in the 2.75-4.25 range
I have us at $10.3 left with this roster:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Freddy
????-Poitras-Geekie
Brazeau-Beecher-Kastelic
Brown (or other $775k player)

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Zadorov-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Korpisalo

Sway probably gets ~$8, so not much left for a 3LW.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I have us at $10.3 left with this roster:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Freddy
????-Poitras-Geekie
Brazeau-Beecher-Kastelic
Brown (or other $775k player)

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Zadorov-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Korpisalo

Sway probably gets ~$8, so not much left for a 3LW.
That can't be the top six plan. That doesn't have much scoring at all and DeBrusk left with his goals. There simply has to be more coming VIA trade as this team couldn't buy a goal in the second round.

I'm happy with the additions, truly. BUT there has to be more coming. Rather than put any negative on the great additions, I will hold out hope that a trade will be the way this team adds scoring.

Right now, the Bruins spent today's money to get better defensively.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
That can't be the top six plan. That doesn't have much scoring at all and DeBrusk left with his goals. There simply has to be more coming VIA trade as this team couldn't buy a goal in the second round.

I'm happy with the additions, truly. BUT there has to be more coming. Rather than put any negative on the great additions, I will hold out hope that a trade will be the way this team adds scoring.

I'm not sure what else they can realistically do, other than hope one of Merk or Lysell steps up and earns a top 6 roll. We won't have cap space for another impact forward when Swayman is signed.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I know Grzelcyk has been on the decline but can any Bruins fan give a quick scouting report of his pros/cons/role?
Great regular season blueliner. Smart and responsible in his own zone. Capable of getting involved on offense but not necessarily a strength. Has shown he gets a little flustered when the intensity ramps up in the playoffs, but he was solid in the 2019 run when we went all the way to game 7 of the final.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I don't disagree, but Frederic had 1 less goal than Jake last season

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Does not handle any sort of stress well. A total defensive nightmare when pressured, engaged with physically, or given a mean look.

Given time, space, and a relaxing environment, he's a treat

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I guess I'm just a little worried if Sway is at $9.5M and Don is at $7M and Sway is still salty about arbitration. Does resentment start growing there to the point Sway doesn't want to stay? Hope not but it's on my mind.
9.5 trade him,

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm not sure what else they can realistically do, other than hope one of Merk or Lysell steps up and earns a top 6 roll. We won't have cap space for another impact forward when Swayman is signed.
I know. That's why I'm happy Zadorov is here as a player but really wanted that money to go to scoring rather than more defensive depth.

Feels like a signing that we like in 2025-2026 when the real scoring talent comes in and that this year is a punt already unless trades come in. They solidify the D, goaltending and 2nd line C and get the scoring help next year.

I don't disagree, but Frederic had 1 less goal than Jake last season
Okay, so if you are now saying Frederic replaces Jake, who replaces Frederic?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I know. That's why I'm happy Zadorov is here as a player but really wanted that money to go to scoring rather than more defensive depth.

Feels like a signing that we like in 2025-2026 when the real scoring talent comes in and that this year is a punt already unless trades come in. They solidify the D, goaltending and 2nd line C and get the scoring help next year.

No money, no goal scorer, but Donnie satisfied himself with Lindholm and thinks the fans will like him now.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Well, your post was directly calling out the top-6. But if we want to talk full lineup assuming Frederic on line 2:

Adding Lindholm lets one of Coyle (25G), Geekie (17G), and/or Poitras (12G pace but injured early, would look for him to improve) slide to the 3rd line. How will Brazeau look over 82 games after scoring 5 in 19? Will Beecher take another step? If Lysell/Merk get time, maybe they surprise?

Totally agree that the 2nd line RW is a hole. But think as of today the offense is much improved. Would rather fill that by committee than our 1C.

Reactions: FONZIE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad