Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I hope the Bruins sign Bertuzzi so I can see the responses of all the posters that loved him on arrival and hated him on departure. He would be a nice add.
It's funny because I was the opposite: wasn't a fan of his anti-team anti-vax nonsense but he's a player for sure. More than the sum of his parts kind of guy and one who elevates in the playoffs. At a reasonable # he'd be great to have back

Reactions: LouJersey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And…..every dollar Swayman gets, is one less dollar that another player gets.
Yup

Today seems to be trending
Lindholm & Zadorov

I’m all for it

I hope the Bruins sign Bertuzzi so I can see the responses of all the posters that loved him on arrival and hated him on departure. He would be a nice add.
Give me 3x5 M hell yeh

People watch the last 2 playoffs

With us and against us

I’ll take Bert in a heartbeat

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I’m on team
Lindholm and either

Mid tier dman and Bertuzzi
Or
Low tier dman and Marchessault

I’d do 5x4 for Bert easy

7.5+5+7.5 leaves four mil for a depth dman and another third line forward to push competition with merk/lysell for the spot (Heinen?)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m on team
Lindholm and either

Mid tier dman and Bertuzzi
Or
Low tier dman and Marchessault

I’d do 5x4 for Bert easy

7.5+5+7.5 leaves four mil for a depth dman and another third line forward to push competition with merk/lysell for the spot (Heinen?)
If they get Zadorov they can move him around - the key though is not to impact development of Lohrei

Seems like what they have though they could fit
Lindholm
Swayman
Dillon
Heinen
In

But I expect one or two really didn’t think would happen (Bert & Zadorov would fit here)

Michael Amadio is a guy I like as well RW is fast has skills Cassidy likes so …..

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We are gonna deal for korpisalo and then lose sway aren’t we

It’s basically 7- 8.5 M

He is Mr Boston - he’s probably at Dunks now holding the door for people and patting a dog sitting outside waiting for the owner

You want fear - finding hornets net in yard or driving to Chipotle thinking they will be out of brown rice or veggie fajitas (seriously last 10 times one of these has been out - wtf!!!!! Come on)

Sway rhymes with stay

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I never understood this, in a hard cap league.

It won't cause the cap to grow. It won't cause teams to spend more than the cap (Vegas the obvious aberration).

If a player gets mega-non-NHL media exposure or is a super gate draw, they could affect the cap, but that has little to no bearing on their salary.

Basically, it has no effect on hockey related revenue, so why would the PA give even half a shit?

On its own not much. But overall it forces clubs to work harder to fill a roster. Thereby paving a way for a higher cap in next , upcoming, CBA.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
If they get Zadorov they can move him around - the key though is not to impact development of Lohrei

Seems like what they have though they could fit
Lindholm
Swayman
Dillon
Heinen
In

But I expect one or two really didn’t think would happen (Bert & Zadorov would fit here)

Michael Amadio is a guy I like as well RW is fast has skills Cassidy likes so …..

Lindholm & Zadarov will minimally cost 12m and that's if they both sign for what they reportedly rejected in offers already which is unlikely.

I think you and Patdud are on to what they're trying to do here though. Big FA splash up front and a utility D that is physical and can play up and down the lineup.

If Lindholm is their big fish, what happens if he signs elsewhere? What the backup plan? Stamkos + Monahan/Stephenson + Dillon?

I really wish we didn't take on Korpisalo's contract as that 3m seems to be the difference between everything we need and what we can reasonably afford now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lindholm & Zadarov will minimally cost 12m and that's if they both sign for what they reportedly rejected in offers already which is unlikely.

I think you and Patdud are on to what they're trying to do here though. Big FA splash up front and a utility D that is physical and can play up and down the lineup.

If Lindholm is their big fish, what happens if he signs elsewhere? What the backup plan? Stamkos + Monahan/Stephenson + Dillon?

I really wish we didn't take on Korpisalo's contract as that 3m seems to be the difference between everything we need and what we can reasonably afford now.
No Lindholm I’d go Monahan 4/24?

Korpisalo is going to be the 1A guy I was told - Goalie Bob likes him and thinks here he’s good

We shall see but he’s had his good moments - Ottawa was hot garbage no system F played like independent contractors

Swayman gets 8/64 it’s an overpay for me - hoping 7 M but it’s a real good room

Korpisalo being treated like a beer league goalie - I’m confident by December people are singing different tune

my family from Salem Mass so I know all about hysteria lol

Bertuzzi to Blackhawks for 4 years 5.5m
Good for Bert

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
For me, a big win today looks like: Lindholm or Stamkos, Zadorov or Montour, see what's possible with Marchessault/Toffoli/Teravainen (obviously a 3rd notable addition depends on what combo of players we're talking about). All signs say that Stamkos will hit the market but I'm still not 100% assuming that - maybe 98% at this point. I will say that I would opt to not sign a big name on D if it means they can grab 2 big names at forward.

A fairly big miss today would look like: Monahan + Dillon. They need to make a much bigger impact to the roster than this. No offense to that caliber of player but those are the types you add at the trade deadline to get ready for your playoff push.

I'm not really big on bringing back Bertuzzi. He's okay but runs hot-cold and isn't quite as gritty as he looks. Maybe if he's like the 3rd wheel added today. I'd possibly rather add the annoying but still capable David Perron if there's no hope of getting one of the better wingers.

Like previous posters have said, whatever $ you are hoping a player can be signed for, probably add 10-25%. They have all turned down pretty good offers already and will have multiple suitors. The Bruins need to add some top shelf talent (prioritizing up front) and will have to really compete to make that happen.

Edit: And Bertuzzi is already off the board while I was typing that. The free agent pool has shrunk a fair amount already with several big names off the board yesterday and today.

So let me ask everybody: Are you nervous about whether Boston will be able to add the type of players today (or the next few) you think they need to add?

I have to say, I'm nervous about whether they get it done.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Sign Stephenson, Stamkos, Zadorov and Skinner(cheap). I want Swayman back, but if he wants over $8M, I would call Edmonton about Draisaitl and Stuart Skinner, see if something can be worked out.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
No Lindholm I’d go Monahan 4/24?

Korpisalo is going to be the 1A guy I was told - Goalie Bob likes him and thinks here he’s good

We shall see but he’s had his good moments - Ottawa was hot garbage no system F played like independent contractors

Swayman gets 8/64 it’s an overpay for me - hoping 7 M but it’s a real good room

Korpisalo being treated like a beer league goalie - I’m confident by December people are singing different tune

my family from Salem Mass so I know all about hysteria lol

Good for Bert

I don't mind the goalie, I hate the fit. IMO there was no need to bring in a backup of that caliber and cost with another 4 years on his deal AND a 10-team NTC. I'm fine with having a 1A/1B tandem if we had all the other pieces we need. But it's a luxury we can't afford at this time and on a night in night out basis there will be 3m+ stapled to the bench operating as a glorified doorman.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN and Bodit9

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY

It’s basically 7- 8.5 M

He is Mr Boston - he’s probably at Dunks now holding the door for people and patting a dog sitting outside waiting for the owner

You want fear - finding hornets net in yard or driving to Chipotle thinking they will be out of brown rice or veggie fajitas (seriously last 10 times one of these has been out - wtf!!!!! Come on)

Sway rhymes with stay
When should we start worrying Sway won't sign long-term?

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I guess Pasta's negotiation has hardened us a little. But it's already 5/10 worrisome
I guess I'm just a little worried if Sway is at $9.5M and Don is at $7M and Sway is still salty about arbitration. Does resentment start growing there to the point Sway doesn't want to stay? Hope not but it's on my mind.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Breaks my heart to hear Bertuzzi has signed in Chicago.

Actually, no it doesn't. &^% him. My biggest off-season nightmare was a Bertuzzi reunion and now that will not come to pass. This day is already off to a great start.

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad