Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I never understood this, in a hard cap league.

It won't cause the cap to grow. It won't cause teams to spend more than the cap (Vegas the obvious aberration).

If a player gets mega-non-NHL media exposure or is a super gate draw, they could affect the cap, but that has little to no bearing on their salary.

Basically, it has no effect on hockey related revenue, so why would the PA give even half a shit?

And…..every dollar Swayman gets, is one less dollar that another player gets.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Any interesting non-qualified players out there? Who's the next Geekie?
I don't think there is another Geekie out there..I think Alex Nylander could have a Sprong or Drouin like year if found in the right spot but I don't think thats here

Someone mentioned him earlier...I like Parker Kelly. I would probably go as far as saying he's an upgrade on Lauko. He lines people up good. He's not the biggest, but he hits to hurt. Scrappy kid and he PK's...couple shorties this year

I'd take him as the 13th

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I wish we could go back to a few weeks ago when I felt good about the prospects of this offseason.

How do you go into UFA competitively if you don’t know what you are going to have to pay one part (the only part left) of the only reason we made the playoffs last year.

If Swayman ends up in arbitration i will be irate. If that happens, no one can ever raise 2015 draft again. Minor blip compared to this if things get f***ed up,

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I wish we could go back to a few weeks ago when I felt good about the prospects of this offseason.

How do you go into UFA competitively if you don’t know what you are going to have to pay one part (the only part left) of the only reason we made the playoffs last year.

If Swayman ends up in arbitration i will be irate. If that happens, no one can ever raise 2015 draft again. Minor blip compared to this if things get f***ed up,
If he files, they get him for two seasons at arb money, which is way less than shitty for the Boston Bruins.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I’m not bothered by the Swayman situation. Pretty sure it will be between 7 and 7.75.

The extra 2 million between Korpse and Bussi is what bothers me.

I’m thinking 15.5 for Sway and Lindholm.

5 for Zadorov or a 2RW

That leaves around 1m.

Korpse isn’t here, that would give them 3m, which might bring in a guy like Duhaime or Vrana, with some change to spare.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If he files, they get him for two seasons at arb money, which is way less than shitty for the Boston Bruins.
Best young goalie in the League for two years then he goes UFA with zero chance of retaining him. That’s not shitty. That’s atrocious.

Hey Jeremy. I know we went to arbitration twice and racked you over the coals. But that’s just business, right?

Holy shit.

I’m not bothered by the Swayman situation. Pretty sure it will be between 7 and 7.75.

5 for Zadorov or a 2RW

That leaves around 1m.

Korpse isn’t here, that would give them 3m, which might bring in a guy like Duhaime or Vrana, with some change to spare.
God i hope so.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Best young goalie in the League for two years then he goes UFA with zero chance of retaining him. That’s not shitty. That’s atrocious.

Hey Jeremy. I know we went to arbitration twice and racked you over the coals. But that’s just business, right?

Holy shit.

God i hope so.
Seider hasn’t signed. Or Jarvis. Harley. Etc.

There’s a huge available timeline here it’s not anything to worry about yet.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Is the Bertuzzi we saw in Toronto last year the real Bertuzzi or was it just a bad fit for him ? I’d like him back but don’t like how he looked with the Leafs
Love him or hate him (or both) one thing he’s not, is a mystery.

We know his fit in Boston. It works. But whether you want him here (or anyone else does for that matter) is a different story.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Seider hasn’t signed. Or Jarvis. Harley. Etc.

There’s a huge available timeline here it’s not anything to worry about yet.
I agree. But a team can survive uncertainty with positional players. Not ideal but survivable.

Starting goalie though = Toronto land.

If we spending any money tomorrow better be certain you have money left to sign Swayman.

Cannot believe we don’t have him signed already.

So far we have lost Linus, lost JDB (one assumes), haven’t signed Swayman, and have $3M tied up in Karpisalo for four years.

If, 6 weeks ago, I’d told you guys this is where we’d be on the eve of UFA opening not a single one of you would have believed me. Not one.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I agree. But a team can survive uncertainty with positional players. Not ideal but survivable.

If we spending any money tomorrow better be certain you have money left to sign Swayman.

So far we have lost Linus, lost JDB (one assumes), haven’t signed Swayman, and have $3M tied up in Karpisalo for four years.

If, 6 weeks ago, I’d told you guys this is where we’d be on the eve of UFA opening not a single one of you would have believed me. Not one.
I mean I probably wouldn’t have predicted Korpisalo but the other stuff sure, I’d believe you without batting an eye

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I'm not too worried about Sway. It took the Bruins and Pasta all summer to agree to a deal when he was due. I'd like to see them get it done sooner for our mental health's sake, but I'm confident they'll figure this out.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Here’s the roster I’d like to see when the dust settles after free agency, assuming there is enough cap space. Four players added from free agency.

Forwards

Zacha - Lindholm - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Stamkos
Frederic - Poitras - Geekie
Beecher - Kastelic - Brazeau
Heinen

Defense

Lindholm - McAvoy
Ekman-Larsson - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Goal

Swayman
Korpisalo

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Here’s the roster I’d like to see when the dust settles after free agency.

Forwards

Heinen

Defense

Lindholm - McAvoy
Ekman-Larsson - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Goal

Swayman
Korpisalo
Looks solid enoug and gives the top six some help. Can't ask for much more if trades aren't happening.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Here’s the roster I’d like to see when the dust settles after free agency, assuming there is enough cap space. Four players added from free agency.

Forwards

Heinen

Defense

Lindholm - McAvoy
Ekman-Larsson - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Goal

Swayman
Korpisalo
my dude, that roster is $4m over the cap if you're lucky

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

5 for Zadorov or a 2RW

That leaves around 1m.

Dont need vrana . Lysell time.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
No way Bruins let that out about Sway. This screams an agent tweeting the negotiations. Gamesmanship. For those pissed about Sweeney not locking up Swayman first, he was going to get squeezed either way. If he trades Ullmark, Saayman diggs in a little because they now committed, if he signs Swayman first, the return for Illmark is less because now they committed to Swayman. Either way he gets a little backlash from negotiations. He’ll sign the kid.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
No way Bruins let that out about Sway. This screams an agent tweeting the negotiations. Gamesmanship. For those pissed about Sweeney not locking up Swayman first, he was going to get squeezed either way. If he trades Ullmark, Saayman diggs in a little because they now committed, if he signs Swayman first, the return for Illmark is less because now they committed to Swayman. Either way he gets a little backlash from negotiations. He’ll sign the kid.
They could also be waiting to see how to structure the deal based off of how this coming week goes.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
How could the return for Ullmark have less lol. Would it have been for Korpisalo straight up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay