Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Well, maybe they weren’t worrying about having it done on June 30 and are confident in how a negotiation will play out over time, especially since they have control?

I guess if that’s the risk they want to take. I personally don’t worry about an OS. But I’d rather have Ullmark as insurance over Korpisalo.

Worst case Swayman holds out and tries to play hardball the Bruins beginning of the season wouldn’t be derailed with Ullmark being the sole #1.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney to me said yesterday and it’s been written since trade in bits and pieces what they are doing

It’s the Rask/Halak template

Swayman will be the primary starter like Rask ~ will handle 2/3 or 55 games

Korpisalo will be the veteran side kick and play 1/3 or 27 games. Basically once a week like Halak and paid similarly to Halak

goalie Bob likes Korpisalo and they think he’s gonna be good

That’s the objective

I asked before that question too. If somehow Sway does not remain a Bruin DS will need to get Fired
lol he’s getting a contract

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I guess if that’s the risk they want to take. I’d rather have Ullmark as insurance over Korpisalo.

Worst case Swayman holds out and tries to play hardball the Bruins beginning of the season wouldn’t be derailed with Ullmark being the sole #1.
They wait to trade Ullmark their draft compensation pushes out a year.

Again the only thing that has changed from a few hours ago is a Seravelli report that really didn’t say anything.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Again the only thing that has changed from a few hours ago is a Seravelli report that really didn’t say anything.

I know that tweet was nothing official. This is all a thought exercise.

The compensation we got for Ullmark didn’t blow me away, knowing what it is now I’d have rolled the dice to see what you get at the deadline.

Maybe his feelings change on where he’d be willing to go+sign long term as the official end to his stay in Boston gets closer

Reactions: Gordoff

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Remember when Vancouver had both a proven Vezina winner in Luongo and an extremely promising young prospect ready to take over in Schneider under contact and somehow they mismanaged the situation so badly that they lost both and turned into the drizzling shits for a few years with Eddie Lack starting?

I'm just saying

And we've also been very fortunate over the past 10 years that this isn't the first time we've had 2 solid keepers and had to keep one happy,

Listen, the NHL is a business and Sway has always wanted the spotlight and to play consistently as a #1.

We knew his buddy would have to be traded...now is his time.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I get Swayman is an RFA, but the fact we traded Ullmark for that terrible return without having Swayman locked up and might be going to arbitration again is insane.
I believe it was Dom who said Swayman is also hearing from the PA...encouraging him to set the mark/gold standard for upcoming goalie contracts. I would hate to be in Don's shoes.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I know that tweet was nothing official. This is all a thought exercise.

The compensation we got for Ullmark didn’t blow me away, knowing what it is now I’d have rolled the dice to see what you get at the deadline.

Maybe his feelings change on where he’d be willing to go+sign long term as the official end to his stay in Boston gets closer
I hated the trade too. Still do. I’m not defending the return whatsoever.

But waiting to trade Ullmark and pushing a concrete return (knowing where you’ll pick and most likely the guy or 2-3 guys you’d get) is a lot different than a pick next year where you don’t know where it will land. Also may not have been able to move him later once the spots were filled and money is committed. So you’d be riding to the deadline and hoping you get something there. And that eats up another $2M now.

I think it’s quite possible that Ullmark wasn’t drawing good interest. I think it’s more possible that they did a great job with setting up their list. Ullmark refusing to waive or extend torpedoed the return completely.

Why is that hogwash?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

But waiting to trade Ullmark and pushing a concrete return (knowing where you’ll pick and most likely the guy or 2-3 guys you’d get) is a lot different than a pick next year where you don’t know where it will land. Also may not have been able to move him later once the spots were filled and money is committed. So you’d be riding to the deadline and hoping you get something there. And that eats up another $2M now.

I think it’s quite possible that Ullmark wasn’t drawing good interest. I think it’s more possible that they did a great job with setting up their list. Ullmark refusing to waive or extend torpedoed the return completely.

Why is that hogwash?

Plus Ullmark would have still controlled his destiny via the NTC to a large extent. Bs couldve been left with nada.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Why is that hogwash?
Do you actually believe Swayman is being asked to not sign and set the market for goalies for the future ?

That's a hell of a conspiracy heard nowhere else

Reactions: Ozzy Osbourne

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Do you actually believe Swayman is being asked to not sign and set the market for goalies for the future ?

That's a hell of a conspiracy heard nowhere else

The NHLPA does do that. Especially with now with a new head and time running out on the CBA.
If ‘you’ have a hammer the PA will at least reach out to the agent.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I’ll start off by saying that I am 100% confident that Swayman will be signed long term in Boston. Seravalli doesn’t know anything and hasn’t said anything he doesn’t know.

THAT SAID
I said from the beginning that you get Swayman under contract FIRST - then you trade Ullmark. Folks were more concerned about maximizing Ullmark’s value than they were Swayman’s number or leverage in negotiating that number. Not me.

Then what happened? They traded Ullmark before signing Swayman - and didn’t even get value for Ullmark. Theoretically? Swayman has the Bruins bent over the kitchen counter.

So, if like you suggest, Swayman says “$9.5M AAV or I sit?” Sweeney has no one but his own damn self to blame.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I’ll start off by saying that I am 100% confident that Swayman will be signed long term in Boston. Seravalli doesn’t know anything and hasn’t said anything he doesn’t know.

THAT SAID
I said from the beginning that you get Swayman under contract FIRST - then you trade Ullmark. Folks were more concerned about maximizing Ullmark’s value than they were Swayman’s number or leverage in negotiating that number. Not me.

Then what happened? They traded Ullmark before signing Swayman - and didn’t even get value for Ullmark. Theoretically? Swayman has the Bruins bent over the kitchen counter.

So, if like you suggest, Swayman says “$9.5M AAV or I sit?” Sweeney has no one but his own damn self to blame.
The last sentence makes no sense. If Swayman says that, you sign it so that you have him signed before Ullmark? How is that blame on Sweeney?

Reactions: Ratty

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

THAT SAID

If you're the Bruins and you're not close, don't you just file for arbitration as soon as that window opens? They could still negotiate of course but it removes the holdout from the equation, gives them an extra buyout window too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay