Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Great day if you are Merkulov or Lysell

You are not only getting a chance they need you

Silver lining
Especially because if they spend big $$$$ on free agents they will need some cheap contracts to round out the roster with something better than bottom 6 filler. Hope those guys are up to it and get a solid 20 games with a regular shift to show it, assuming they earn a shot coming out of training camp.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
So we’re taking one report from Seravelli - which isn’t really all that negative, and who never has inside Bruins info - and running with it eh?
The Bruins broke up a legit tandem.
One was shopped for over a year.
The Bruins have known about Swayman's likely price for a while, yet haven't agreed to terms.
They trade away their other guy, for another NHL goalie who's AAV is only 2m less, but has four years of term.
And we're still waiting on Swayman to agree.........which has bled into free agency.

And on top of that, I don't see the Bruins carrying 10m+ in goalies, when they need 1C, 2C, 2W, 2/3D etc.
I think things are going to get really interesting fast tomorrow, as the cap room dries up.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The Bruins broke up a legit tandem.
One was shopped for over a year.
The Bruins have known about Swayman's likely price for a while, yet haven't agreed to terms.
They trade away their other guy, for another NHL goalie who's AAV is only 2m less, but has four years of term.
And we're still waiting on Swayman to agree.........which has bled into free agency.

And on top of that, I don't see the Bruins carrying 10m+ in goalies, when they need 1C, 2C, 2W, 2/3D etc.
I think things are going to get really interesting fast tomorrow, as the cap room dries up.
So we know all that. You’re saying they won’t commit $10M to goalies. So your contention is once they got Korpisalo, it shows that they’re going to trade Swayman?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Remember when Vancouver had both a proven Vezina winner in Luongo and an extremely promising young prospect ready to take over in Schneider under contact and somehow they mismanaged the situation so badly that they lost both and turned into the drizzling shits for a few years with Eddie Lack starting?

I'm just saying

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Remember when Vancouver had both a proven Vezina winner in Luongo and an extremely promising young prospect ready to take over in Schneider under contact and somehow they mismanaged the situation so badly that they lost both and turned into the drizzling shits for a few years with Eddie Lack starting?

I'm just saying
That was awesome

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Swayman.jpg

Oh and starting tomorrow, this is a possibility.
Not saying it will happen..... but there is one club that would concern me....
You guys/gals can figure it out.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Dumb not qualifying Boqvist

One of fastest guys on team

So they wanted to get faster and let go Boqvist & DeBrusk

Yeh ok makes sense
When he said the fast comment I thought he was f***ing with people. Like he said to Cam, "What should we tell them this year? Let's tell them some nonsense and watch them get all spun up about it, hahaha."

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
When he said the fast comment I thought he was f***ing with people. Like he said to Cam, "What should we tell them this year? Let's tell them some nonsense and watch them get all spun up about it, hahaha."
I think we are overstated the lose of Boqvist just a tad

Swayman.jpg

Oh and starting tomorrow, this is a possibility.
Not saying it will happen..... but there is one club that would concern me....
You guys/gals can figure it out.
That would be hilarious but Sway will be signed

As I mention a few days ago, Freddy or Coyle could be trade candidates depending on their plan to maybe open up more space to accomplish what they are try to do.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Great day if you are Merkulov or Lysell

You are not only getting a chance they need you

Silver lining
That’s the way to do it. These guys deserve the chance. Do it now live through a bit of pain and let them grow. Playoffs showed we needed guys with more offence. My issue isnt always how much a guy hits its if he’s ok to take a hit and will go to the dirty areas to get a puck. Pasta a great example although he likes to hit.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The silver lining is Merkulov & Lysell are getting legit make the team shots and I’m all for it

Bussi getting claimed is a concern but Bruins think Korpi will be very good behind Bruins D and system in 1/3 games

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
1 - Ullmark held all the cards and dictated his destination which handcuffed the return
2 - Boqvist is very replaceable and his speed did not translate into numbers that can't be replaced
3 - JDB doesn't want to be here at the current rate being offered and will be overpaid by someone
4 - Swayman will be signed
5 - Let's allow the next couple days to play out before we bury the front office
6 - Never giving up on this team like a number of posters here did the last two offseasons

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
The silver lining is Merkulov & Lysell are getting legit make the team shots and I’m all for it

Bussi getting claimed is a concern but Bruins think Korpi will be very good behind Bruins D and system in 1/3 games
Hopefully they move him before camp starts (Bussi)

1 - Ullmark held all the cards and dictated his destination which handcuffed the return
2 - Boqvist is very replaceable and his speed did not translate into numbers that can't be replaced
3 - JDB doesn't want to be here at the current rate being offered and will be overpaid by someone
4 - Swayman will be signed
5 - Let's allow the next couple days to play out before we bury the front office
6 - Never giving up on this team like a number of posters here did the last two offseasons
You shut up

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Interesting strategy being floated here where Sweeney purposely took on an overpaid underperforming cap dump of a goalie signed for 4 more years just to then turn around and use that moronic acquisition to pressure Swayman on his AAV demands.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: