Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
People questioned Charas compete level as well when he was a kid.

Thats a big body to move around and doing so will look slower than a smaller guy doing the same thing. Hes young and in BC near his draft team. They will be putting everyone they have in development all over him for the next 5 years.

Not concerned. Good pick, great gamble to take.

Could be a bust(like any player) or could end up being the cornerstone of the franchise.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
All of the potential top centers for the back half of the 1st round were gone. Never know what you’re going to get that late and truthfully we don’t need more potential run of the mill 4th liners. I’ll take Dean anyday in a weak draft at 25OA given the circumstances knowing that even if he ends up as a 4th liner himself, he is a difference maker in already with his unique size and skill. Selfishly hope we see him in Providence by 2027, but all the best to this kid regardless. Hope he continues true to his game 👊🏻
100%

This is the kinda draft where you take some big swings

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I mostly agree. Lindholm is definitely going to get a contract that will age poorly. And if I were running the team I too would go after more scoring wingers instead of throwing a ton of money at an ok center. I think Zacha and Coyle are a fine top 2 combo. Not great but with great wingers they suffice. But there's also a part of me that's accepted the team will almost certainly be going in on Lindholm and with how appealing of a situation it would be for him I feel like there's a super high probability he ends up here. Feel like I'm braced for the inevitable but who know what'll actually happen.

I feel the opposite.

He not a 1C in the MacKinnon. McDavid realm, but he’s a solid 2C right now, who wins draws, can produce points and is good defensively. 3 years down the road, he’s likely still a legit 2C and beyond that fine at 3C.

Unless the salary is north of 8.25, I’m not worried about it, as the cap is going up.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I would be shocked if they pay Sway and Lindholm 8 per season,

Sway would have signed by now, He hasn't earned an elite number one goalie contract yet.

Not enough proof for me yet

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Read recently $4x4 for Domi...Stephenson comes in slightly lower over Lindholm ... gives you more cap room/flexibility to add 2 additional forwards. I go center/winger (Domi) and (Stamkos)

Zacha. Stephenson ($7-$9). Pasta
March. Coyle/Stamkos ($5-$6)
XX. Domi ($4)/Geek
XX. Boiquist/Frederick

Gives you speed, goals, toughness, agitatorness, center depth galore, proven playoff performers, and F/O prowess.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trade Geekie for a 2nd today and sign Lomberg and Domi...lol. Bet you would love that. For me, Stevenson.
Trade a younger player who had more goals than Domi and Lomberg combines and is younger for a team that needs goal scoring, does not make any sense, I like Lomberg, I like his energy but I will stick with Geekie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad