Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Would have to trade Carlo and hope Toronto dont outbid the Bruins. Montour would also cost 6-7, not sure if he's worth it.
I think he’s worth it. Guy has been a beast the last couple of seasons. Not sure how long he’ll last with the way he plays, but then Carlo is just a concussion away from the end as well. Montour plays with a chip on his shoulder. Would love him on Boston

Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I think he’s worth it. Guy has been a beast the last couple of seasons. Not sure how long he’ll last with the way he plays, but then Carlo is just a concussion away from the end as well. Montour plays with a chip on his shoulder. Would love him on Boston
I watch every cats game, he unfortunately hasn’t been anywhere near the same player since his shoulder injury. The cats seem pretty okay getting rid of him and replacing him potentially with OEL on the PP. I think he could return to form temporarily but between how bloated his contract will be at the back end for what he will likely bring and him making those liking gestures at Marchy I’d say it’s slim he comes here.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I mostly agree. Lindholm is definitely going to get a contract that will age poorly. And if I were running the team I too would go after more scoring wingers instead of throwing a ton of money at an ok center. I think Zacha and Coyle are a fine top 2 combo. Not great but with great wingers they suffice. But there's also a part of me that's accepted the team will almost certainly be going in on Lindholm and with how appealing of a situation it would be for him I feel like there's a super high probability he ends up here. Feel like I'm braced for the inevitable but who know what'll actually happen.
Exactly what I’m thinking. Lindholm is not worth overpaying. Unless you can get him on the cheap. Go get a winger like Guentzel who can drive the play from the wing. Better spent money imo

Reactions: BBruins

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I watch every cats game, he unfortunately hasn’t been anywhere near the same player since his shoulder injury. The cats seem pretty okay getting rid of him and replacing him potentially with OEL on the PP. I think he could return to form temporarily but between how bloated his contract will be at the back end for what he will likely bring and him making those liking gestures at Marchy I’d say it’s slim he comes here.
Yeah, you might be right. He was still very good this playoffs, but granted, not as good as last season. If he could return to that form, I’d take him no questions asked. He’s kinda like Marchand in the compete department

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Yeah, you might be right. He was still very good this playoffs, but granted, not as good as last season. If he could return to that form, I’d take him no questions asked. He’s kinda like Marchand in the compete department
No doubt he’s an absolute gamer, the kinda guy I could feel was gonna end the B’s night at times. If he can come in at a reasonable hit and healthy he should at the very least be considered.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
All of the potential top centers for the back half of the 1st round were gone. Never know what you’re going to get that late and truthfully we don’t need more potential run of the mill 4th liners. I’ll take Dean anyday in a weak draft at 25OA given the circumstances knowing that even if he ends up as a 4th liner himself, he is a difference maker in already with his unique size and skill. Selfishly hope we see him in Providence by 2027, but all the best to this kid regardless. Hope he continues true to his game 👊🏻

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad