Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
A lot of people are saying his days if playing center are behind him, so he doesn't necessarily fill the same roll Lindholm would.
Ya, but Lindholm is gonna be a mistake I think. He turned down 7x7 in Vancouver. Now that could be because he didn't like where he'd be slotted but it probably has a least a little to do with $$$. That offer is already limit for this player IMO.

I said before, there are no 1C in UFA so get some scoring wingers or trade . Bruins don't have the assets to outbid on a true 1C trade.

That's why I say go with wingers. The Bruins were short 1 and arguably 2 top 6 wingers last season. I get that Zacha and Coyle isn't the ideal 1-2 punch you want at center but if you got Lemons make some Lemonade.

Reactions: Shoebottom88

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
I am a HUGE advocate of signing Stammer.
3 x 8M is the highest I would go.
It's a fair take. I worry that Toronto is so desperate to get deeper into the playoffs that they would go 4 years without blinking (assuming they are freeing up money which I'll bet they do in the next few hours).

Does Boston try to compete with an obsessed Toronto (or other teams)? I say they should unless it gets truly ridiculous. 4x8, I don't consider that ridiculous. YMMV.

Based on today's news, I am very intrigued by the idea of adding Stamkos + Zadorov. "Harder to play against" can mean many things. I think the Bruins would be harder to play against in a variety of ways by adding those two. There are other combos of additions that can be good so it's not all or nothing but the definitely catch my eye.

Challenge is, that can't be the end of their work if DeBrusk is leaving. But I would sure hesitate to pass over those two players if there's a chance they can be had.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
It would be funny if we signed Bertuzzi. Get him and our 1st we traded for him back in the same offseason.

Reactions: bbfan419

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Ya, but Lindholm is gonna be a mistake I think. He turned down 7x7 in Vancouver. Now that could be because he didn't like where he'd be slotted but it probably has a least a little to do with $$$. That offer is already limit for this player IMO.

I said before, there are no 1C in UFA so get some scoring wingers or trade . Bruins don't have the assets to outbid on a true 1C trade.

That's why I say go with wingers. The Bruins were short 1 and arguably 2 top 6 wingers last season. I get that Zacha and Coyle isn't the ideal 1-2 punch you want at center but if you got Lemons make some Lemonade.
I mostly agree. Lindholm is definitely going to get a contract that will age poorly. And if I were running the team I too would go after more scoring wingers instead of throwing a ton of money at an ok center. I think Zacha and Coyle are a fine top 2 combo. Not great but with great wingers they suffice. But there's also a part of me that's accepted the team will almost certainly be going in on Lindholm and with how appealing of a situation it would be for him I feel like there's a super high probability he ends up here. Feel like I'm braced for the inevitable but who know what'll actually happen.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I like Zaddy and advocated for him to be signed but he might be looking at a highly inflated UFA salary. If the Bruins are looking for a LHD and toughness, it's all there but it might hurt a bit.

If they can get him in the 5’s and also find a way to get two top 6 forwards, I’d be ecstatic!

5.5 million today will be like 4 million in 2-3 years.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
I hope people understand that even if Lindholm gets $8x6/7, the only way his contract is bad is if he is getting less than 45 points in the last year or two. The cap will be so much higher in 2030/2031 that it will be like having a 3c at 5 million now. His style of play will last similar to krecji 6/7 years down the road and he will still be able to contribute barring injury/body breakdown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad