Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I'm fine with Lindholm. But I would love for the to also aquire an offensive-minded play-making center ... doesn't have to be a big name but maybe someone who is on the threshold of breaking out but has been buried in another system. We need a center that has creativity and thread the needle passing ability. Get those two and fill in the rest of the team from there.
That’s an attempt to replace Bergeron and Krejci in one free agency period—a year late but the cap space is in place now.

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I asked a couple of friends of mine when we were together in person when they brought up Tyler Toffoli how old you think he is . I got 28 and ‘is he 30 yet?’

He’s 32

I would offer him the Michael Ryder 3/9 make it 3/12 for cap increase

However, TT in my world at his best is 65% of Ryder

Basically if it’s 3 years 3-4 M ok I’m somewhat interested

Sprong and Mantha however i am very interested
I like what Sprong could bring to this lineup, should be cheapish and adds some needed speed.

Martha I'm unsure about, was high on him 3 or 4 years ago, he always flashes what he's capable of but too often leaves you wanting more.

Reactions: Ratty

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
So do we get a center and a d, then go cheap, either lysell/merk, or one year deals (Skinner,Kane, Mantha, maybe) in order to save $ and hope for drai next year?

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Google: Matthew Poitras
I'm sorry maybe my thoughts didn't translate into articulate writing ... by burried in another's system on the threshold of breaking out .... I was thinking more along the lines of someone who has been on the league 3 or 4 years, shown glimpses of capability but hasn't been given the full chance because they are stuck behind more established players. Someone who is older than a recent draft pick and physically developed to handle the punishment of the NHL; and who understands what to expect from and what is expected in the league. That is not YET Poitras or anyone currently in Providence.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lets see what unfolds, im not debating previous seasons. Lets see what Bob can do to get him to be very good back up
Yah the best scenario is Bussi has a great camp

Korpisalo probably clears waivers but it’s 3 M and that’s not a poison pill

LA he was very good behind a 100 point playoff team

He couldn’t stop a beach ball in Ottawa

Bruins with Jay Leach and Skjei or Dillon coming in - and Goalie Bob he’s probably a stud

We will know soon enough

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
why are the Bruins going to spend so much on the D. They have to sign Lohrei next year. My guess it’s D and goaltending to win.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yah the best scenario is Bussi has a great camp

Korpisalo probably clears waivers but it’s 3 M and that’s not a poison pill

LA he was very good behind a 100 point playoff team

He couldn’t stop a beach ball in Ottawa

Bruins with Jay Leach and Skjei or Dillon coming in - and Goalie Bob he’s probably a stud

We will know soon enough
2019-20 playoffs 1.90 gaa and over 940 save percentage. Beat the lighting in 4. Say what you want about Sweeney but no one can question his goalies during him time as GM

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
2019-20 playoffs 1.90 gaa and over 940 save percentage. Beat the lighting in 4. Say what you want about Sweeney but no one can question his goalies during him time as GM

Drinking the Sweeney kool-aid, you don't seriously think that the Korpisalo part of this trade is good I hope. The most optimistic comments I have heard on this trade from a Bruins perspective is that it wasn't terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad