Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Would it be wild to think the Bs may walk away with two of the big name centers on the market instead of 1 C and 1 W ?

(Lindholm, Stephenson, Monahan)

You’re probably looking at
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Monahan-Poitras
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau
Lauko?

Saw someone mention Lindholm/Monahan played together in CGY as well. Forgot about that

I think it would be weird and wild. I don't like Poitras at RW and really don't want to take the massive gamble on Monahan staying healthy for 4/5 years

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

I'm fine with Lindholm. But I would love for the to also aquire an offensive-minded play-making center ... doesn't have to be a big name but maybe someone who is on the threshold of breaking out but has been buried in another system. We need a center that has creativity and thread the needle passing ability. Get those two and fill in the rest of the team from there.

Reactions: Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'm fine with Lindholm. But I would love for the to also aquire an offensive-minded play-making center ... doesn't have to be a big name but maybe someone who is on the threshold of breaking out but has been buried in another system. We need a center that has creativity and thread the needle passing ability. Get those two and fill in the rest of the team from there.
You have one in Providence. Does that help you in the playoffs when he’s getting pounded?🤣

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Google: Matthew Poitras

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Does NOT sound like heinen is a sure thing. Not sure how Murphy felt otherwise

Sounds like center and defense top two spots they want to fill. Top 4 LD
Q: Where do things stand with Danton Heinen and those negotiations, if at all?

A: I had a meeting with Al Roy his agent this week, we've been in close contact with Al, you get closer to July 1 you know that other teams have recognized and acknowledged what Danton did for us this current year, so it always factors in and in a perfect world you get Danton back because of the versatility and the quality of the person and what he brought to our hockey club, (shrug) there's other areas that we're trying to target in our free agency period so, to be determined on that front.

I don't know how he could take anything from that other than, we like Heinen but we have other priorities and he might've earned more than we have to give.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

A: I had a meeting with Al Roy his agent this week, we've been in close contact with Al, you get closer to July 1 you know that other teams have recognized and acknowledged what Danton did for us this current year, so it always factors in and in a perfect world you get Danton back because of the versatility and the quality of the person and what he brought to our hockey club, (shrug) there's other areas that we're trying to target in our free agency period so, to be determined on that front.

I don't know how he could take anything from that other than, we like Heinen but we have other priorities and he might've earned more than we have to give.

Makes me feel a little better. Still rather hear….”he’s not in our plans”.

But I’ll take any small win I can get today.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I really hope Sweeney was actively shopping him at the deadline. If he wasn’t, that’s an absolute failure. Anyone could see the chances of Jake coming back here next season was a long shot.
DeBrusk 99.9 % has a deal in place if not Boston

These agents and front office guys all know

DeBrusk will announce deal at 12:15 Monday and it didn’t come together at 12 😂

Can’t shop him because ‘he gone’

The question is where ?

Calgary
Toronto
Chicago
Utah
Edmonton
Other

Toronto would be so ballsy

Reactions: Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
DeBrusk 99.9 % has a deal in place if not Boston

These agents and front office guys all know

DeBrusk will announce deal at 12:15 Monday and it didn’t come together at 12 😂

Can’t shop him because ‘he gone’

The question is where ?

Calgary
Toronto
Chicago
Utah
Edmonton
Other

Toronto would be so ballsy
Calgary just moved Mangiapane so DeBrusk's chances of signing there have increased.

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Yup - it’s like we like him but if he can set himself up God Bless him - we got other things (Sprong? Mantha ?)

Reactions: dafoomie

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
TT is an interesting idea. Not sure the cost, but he has performed at a high lev In the past. Thoughts on the contract value?
I am truly awful at guessing ufa contracts but id venture something like 5.5 to 6.5 per year for about 4 or 5 years?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Calgary just moved Mangiapane so DeBrusk's chances of signing there have increased.
His agent is from Alberta and has two major clients

DeBrusk & RNH

If I was him being a sleeze I’d want Jake in Calgary so I can go to both teams games see my boys- go out to eat, hand with Louie etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Absurdity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad