Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
Oh, I agree. I just don't think the roster is going to be as tight as people hope it to be by Training camp. Sure hope I am wrong.

They will take the problem they know over the problem they don't. So I see Sweeney taking Danton over someone like, say, Mantha.

It will all come down to cap hit left and availability of options. I think Don would go with a 2mil Heinen over a 32 year old 4-5mil Toffoli.

Thank you!

If Heinen is the option over other available free agents I'd rather take my lumps with Lysell or Merkulov.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
big fan of Karlsson but yes too old

I’m looking forward to seeing what a healthier and year older Poitras could do

Third line ?

Frederic- Poitras - Geekie

Also put Lysell with Marchand & Coyle and see how goes in camp
My hope was Lohrei and Poitras would be key contributors this playoffs. I will extend it to this year. Poitras leads our second line into the playoffs. He will kill it was top skilled wingers.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I disagree Canucks will get his age 28-31 seasons, he spent 4 full years in the NCAA he doesn't have the wear-and-tear of a lot of pro games (just 90 pro games outside of NHL). All he needs to do is keep doing what he's doing on their 3rd line and he's worth every penny. I think he left money on the table not going to July 1st.

This isn't Matt Beleskey signing a big contract to play on a scoring line. He had 17 EV goals last year. If he can give them 15G/15A and 200+ hits that's solid for what he's making.
He would have been awesome for us vs the Panthers.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If Heinen is the option over other available free agents I'd rather take my lumps with Lysell or Merkulov.
Now there is a great debate for the summer.
Do you think either kid is ready? Why?

(Personally I am all for playing prospects. How else do you know what you have? How else are they supposed to know what they need to learn at the NHL level just watching up stairs?)

Reactions: Gordoff

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Would it be wild to think the Bs may walk away with two of the big name centers on the market instead of 1 C and 1 W ?

(Lindholm, Stephenson, Monahan)

You’re probably looking at
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Monahan-Poitras
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau
Lauko?

Saw someone mention Lindholm/Monahan played together in CGY as well. Forgot about that

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Teuvo T in for Debrusk
Sign Lindholm
Package 2024 1st for a top 4 LD or sign Skjei.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Poitras-TT
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau
Lauko

Lindholm-Mac
LD-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Tendies

Call it a day? Cap may won't work, but....

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Thomas 11

Apr 15, 2018
Alberta Beach, Alberta
Teuvo T in for Debrusk
Sign Lindholm
Package 2024 1st for a top 4 LD or sign Skjei.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Poitras-TT
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau
Lauko

Lindholm-Mac
LD-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Tendies

Call it a day? Cap may won't work, but....
TT is an interesting idea. Not sure the cost, but he has performed at a high lev In the past. Thoughts on the contract value?

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
Now there is a great debate for the summer.
Do you think either kid is ready? Why?

(Personally I am all for playing prospects. How else do you know what you have. How else are they supposed to know what they need to learn at the NHL level just watching up stairs?)
Do I think they're ready? I honestly have no idea as I don't pay enough attention to the guys in providence to have a real opinion. Both seemed to have decent seasons. I would think Merkulov would be the more ready of the two.

But what I do know is you have to give these guys a chance at some point and they need to be put in a position to succeed and not be benched over every little mistake.

These aren't the kind of guys like Marchand or Lucic where you can play them on the 4th line and they can work their way up, they just don't have that kind of toughness or tenacity. Play them with the skilled guys so they can work with what will make them successful. Let them take their lumps, if they're playing scared not to make a mistake all the time they'll never become anything.

Cheap contracts like theirs is what can keep contending teams contenders year after year, a few of these guys that are contributing sprinkled throughout the lineup is so important to have

TT is an interesting idea. Not sure the cost, but he has performed at a high lev In the past. Thoughts on the contract value?
Gotta think TT is at $6.5M minimum. Not sure the cap would work if they got Lindholm plus added to the D(which apparently they want to) but he's definitely a guy I'd look at if it were possible to add him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d be so happy going in to round 1 in 25 with that bottom 6. Kastelic will be a big surprise. After 12 hits and a fight in his first 2 games the fans will be more than happy.
What’s weird is I knew who he was because of dad and a few fights I saw but then I’m listening to hockey podcasts about draft and NHL Network former player hosts and they all like Kasterlic and think he’s going to the perfect team

12/13th F great spot - right shot huge to me

Now if Goalie coach Bob can do magic with Korpisolo or can be moved out I’m all set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad