Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Jeff Skinner was an accomplished figure skater into his teens... so...might make our roster tougher :)...yes that's him below.....

skinner.jpg

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Jeff Skinner was an accomplished figure skater into his teens... so...might make our roster tougher :)...yes that's him below.....

View attachment 887759
My cousins (who played hockey growing up) worked with a former professional figure skater during the summers at hockey camps to improve edge work.

It’s pretty common in pro hockey as well actually.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I see you're moving goal posts on me from my original first post about my preference to Stephenson Domi plus plus over Lindholm. Alll good. Part of the HFboard way.

Yes Domi excels in the playoffs.
No goalposts were moved. I didn’t respond to every point you made in your post, just the Domi part. I don’t see a need for a JAG who will be looking for a payday. I already provided stats to show he scores less in the playoffs than he does in regular season. If you’re of the opinion that his faceoff % in round one this year is worthy of a 4m per contract, we clearly disagree.

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
Since they took on Korpisalo’s salary….they’ve got to hit a home run with a lesser FA who hits big or take advantage of a guy who wants out or gets bought out, as a second piece after Lindholm/Stephenson/Monahan.

In order here’s who I’d like them to target as the 2nd piece:

Laine for 25 and a prospect with at least 3 million retained (4.5 on the cap)
Skinner after being bought out

Sprong 2x5
Foegele 2x5

Kane 2x6.5
I must admit that the prospect of getting Laine excites me. He may be like Hall who cannot be your main guy, he needs to be a secondary piece

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The Ullmark deal is likely the first move in what I can only hope is a multi faceted plan of action this off season.

It better be, anyway.

The Korpi business makes little sense.

Maybe they see something in him others don't. Maybe the obvious statistics everyone typically points to don't tell the real story. Maybe Goalie Bob can coach him up. Maybe they don't want to throw Bussi into the 🔥 with no NHL experience. If BB plays poorly, his confidence could take a hit.

But really, three million for a guy whose save percentage was one slot above the worst in the league, even if he had nothing in front of him?

I don't understand the logic, and I can't be the only one.
Backup goalies are easy to find. 3m for one of the statistically worst goaltenders in the league recently makes no sense to me.

I just don’t want to hear that “we were in on Lindholm/ Stamkos/ Stephenson/ Kane/ Bertuzzi/ Draisaitl etc but we live in a cap world & the numbers just didn’t work for us”.
Sweeney should’ve learned his lesson with Forbort/ Reilly etc. Stop overpaying mediocre talent to fill out the bottom of your roster. Play the kids there, use the cap space on big gamers.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Ill laugh my butt off if korpi gets hot and might even challenge sway for top netminder. If anything this might turn into a 3rd round pick on trade deadline and have bussi come in to back up. Sweeney just gathering assets I feel.
He’s never been hot and thinking that goalie Bob will do miracles with a 30-year-old goalie who’s never been good is so stupid, what a shitty move taking the worst league goalie in return incomprehensible

Reactions: Gordoff

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I don't mean you specifically, Gordie.

The comment has more to do with whenever there's a top-six forward who plays a rounded game, they are so frequently referred to as Bergeronesque or Bergeron-lite.

Bergeron wasn't great because he was good defensively. He transcended that. Like calling any defensemen with wheels Orr-lite or any athletic goaltender Hasekesque. Just a small pet peeve of mine.
He plays a very strong 200-foot game, is strong on faceoffs, good not great scorer. What doesn't he do well?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Ullmark deal is likely the first move in what I can only hope is a multi faceted plan of action this off season.

It better be, anyway.

The Korpi business makes little sense.

Maybe they see something in him others don't. Maybe the obvious statistics everyone typically points to don't tell the real story. Maybe Goalie Bob can coach him up. Maybe they don't want to throw Bussi into the 🔥 with no NHL experience. If BB plays poorly, his confidence could take a hit.

But really, three million for a guy whose save percentage was one slot above the worst in the league, even if he had nothing in front of him?

I don't understand the logic, and I can't be the only one.
My summer class at North Shore Community College assigned us to come up with a theory behind it

I’m going to fly to Vegas to meet with Peitro the bartender at Guy Fieri’s restaurant & bar who served Steve Staios just minutes after Don Sweeney agreed to deal

I hope this doesn’t end up infront of the Warren Commission

I’m very concerned all Bruins fans fitbits will give back ‘shitty sleep’ over this deal

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
My understanding is that Stephenson can drive a line. Lindholm cannot.

How does Stephenson's overall game compare with Lindholm's well-rounded, bergeron-esque style of play?
Stephenson averages 15 goals per 82 games in his career and 30 assists. He's only scored 20 goals once, and that was 21 goals. In 95 playoff games, he has 15 goals and 24 assists.

E Lindholm averages 22 goals per 82 games in his career and 34 assists. He has had seasons of 42 goals, 29 goals, 27 goals, and 19 goals. In 40 playoffs games, he has 14 goals and 13 assists.

So who drives a line and who doesn't? I respect your opinion, but those are the stats.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I must admit that the prospect of getting Laine excites me. He may be like Hall who cannot be your main guy, he needs to be a secondary piece

Perfect compliment to Pasta!

Also, I wonder where Hall is in his recovery? Chicago has a ton of cap space, wonder if they’d take Korpisalo and a prospect (not Lysell, Merkulov) for Hall?

Obviously there’s risk in Hall due to his injury, but Chicago isn’t contending for a cup this year and Hall is UFA next summer.

If and only if Sweeney is wedded to Korpisalo being the 2 for the next few years, I’d even consider Bussi for Hall with some retention. Why not? He’ll be blocked anyway and it gives them a couple of years to restock the goaltender cupboard.

It’s worth considering if he is cleared to play, or it all could be moot if his injury is too bad.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Perfect compliment to Pasta!

Also, I wonder where Hall is in his recovery? Chicago has a ton of cap space, wonder if they’d take Korpisalo and a prospect (not Lysell, Merkulov) for Hall?

Obviously there’s risk in Hall due to his injury, but Chicago isn’t contending for a cup this year and Hall is UFA next summer.

If and only if Sweeney is wedded to Korpisalo being the 2 for the next few years, I’d even consider Bussi for Hall with some retention. Why not? He’ll be blocked anyway and it gives them a couple of years to restock the goaltender cupboard.

It’s worth considering if he is cleared to play, or it all could be moot if his injury is too bad.
The Bruins missed Hall’s ability to skate the puck through the neutral zone and gain the blue line this past season. I’d welcome him back if healthy.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Cool, we don't have to agree to be forum buds.:D I'm not that guy.
At this point in his career I expect more consistency if he wants to get paid 6-7M/yr. So does the team, I would surmise. 200ft players that get</=40pts/yr don't get 6-7M

Several things are clear.

Jake has not been a consistent presence for the Bruins. He has performed well in the playoffs. Evidently, he's a sensitive kid who needs a near perfect setup to excel. (One might argue this point. One cannot argue the Covid season.)

In addition, He wants to be paid.

He's going to be paid.

But not by the Bruins.

Finally, reports are he's homesick.

All of this points to his departure from Boston. And while I think he's a good kid, very talented, and to his credit has developed his all-around game, it is what it is.

I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad