Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don't mean you specifically, Gordie.

The comment has more to do with whenever there's a top-six forward who plays a rounded game, they are so frequently referred to as Bergeronesque or Bergeron-lite.

Bergeron wasn't great because he was good defensively. He transcended that. Like calling any defensemen with wheels Orr-lite or any athletic goaltender Hasekesque. Just a small pet peeve of mine.
Lindholm isn’t even all that great defensively either lol.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I don't mean you specifically, Gordie.

The comment has more to do with whenever there's a top-six forward who plays a rounded game, they are so frequently referred to as Bergeronesque or Bergeron-lite.

Bergeron wasn't great because he was good defensively. He transcended that. Like calling any defensemen with wheels Orr-lite or any athletic goaltender Hasekesque. Just a small pet peeve of mine.
I get it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Since they took on Korpisalo’s salary….they’ve got to hit a home run with a lesser FA who hits big or take advantage of a guy who wants out or gets bought out, as a second piece after Lindholm/Stephenson/Monahan.

In order here’s who I’d like them to target as the 2nd piece:

Laine for 25 and a prospect with at least 3 million retained (4.5 on the cap)
Skinner after being bought out

Sprong 2x5
Foegele 2x5

Kane 2x6.5

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Since they took on Korpisalo’s salary….they’ve got to hit a home run with a lesser FA who hits big or take advantage of a guy who wants out or gets bought out, as a second piece after Lindholm/Stephenson/Monahan.

Sprong 2x5
Foegele 2x5

Kane 2x6.5
I like this.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

How thick do you prefer your plot?

from ChatGPT 4o

Jake DeBrusk has had a notable performance in the playoffs, particularly against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He has scored 9 goals and recorded 14 points in 17 playoff games against Toronto. In comparison, across his entire playoff career, DeBrusk has accumulated 25 goals and 41 points in 76 postseason games. This means that a significant portion of his playoff production has come against the Maple Leafs, indicating he has been particularly effective in those matchups (NHL).

Is he amazing in the playoffs? or do the leafs just blow

The Leafs just blow.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Domi is a “proven playoff performer”?

He’ll be 29 at the start of next season, in 50 career playoff games he has scored 7G 19A 26P. He’s a half point per game player in the playoffs. He’s scored 417P in 661 regular season games played. So he in fact scores less in the postseason.

Here’s my issue, I’m tired of seeing 3-4m contracts doled out to bottom of the roster players. 4m for Domi, 3m for Korpisalo, 3m* for Heinen maybe… before you know it you have 12-15m tied up in mediocre players. I’d prefer Sweeney goes a different route. Pay some higher end players bigger cap hits and fill out the bottom of the roster with Lauko’s Brazeau’s Lysell’s Poitras’ etc.

I’ll take Guentzel at 9m over Domi & Heinen at a combined 7m. Bussi 775k over Korpisalo at 3m. These overpays add up. The Bruins need some star power, so Pastrnak doesn’t get triple teamed in the postseasoDY
I see you're moving goal posts on me from my original first post about my preference to Stephenson Domi plus plus over Lindholm. Alll good. Part of the HFboard way.

Yes Domi excels in the playoffs.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
This daddy stuff is so beyond old and overblown on here.

His "attitude" has never been an issue for this team. His teammates love him. The staff loves him.

He steps up in the playoffs. That's all that matters to me.

And he learned how to be a great 200 ft player, despite him not getting PP 1 time all year.
Loving your teammates and getting yourself up to play your best every night are 2 different things. Nothing to do with my opinion. Boys did you miss the point.:huh: His playoff performance is an example how he should play all year, but he doesn't. He pouts too much, always had, can't handle criticism.
Therefore it is his attitude.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Loving your teammates and getting yourself up to play your best every night are 2 different thing. Nothing to do with my opinion. Boys did you miss the point.:huh: His playoff performance is an example how he should play all year, but he doesn't. He pouts too much, always had, can't handle criticism.
Therefore it is his attitude.

I disagree

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Domi is a “proven playoff performer”?

He’ll be 29 at the start of next season, in 50 career playoff games he has scored 7G 19A 26P. He’s a half point per game player in the playoffs. He’s scored 417P in 661 regular season games played. So he in fact scores less in the postseason.

Here’s my issue, I’m tired of seeing 3-4m contracts doled out to bottom of the roster players. 4m for Domi, 3m for Korpisalo, 3m* for Heinen maybe… before you know it you have 12-15m tied up in mediocre players. I’d prefer Sweeney goes a different route. Pay some higher end players bigger cap hits and fill out the bottom of the roster with Lauko’s Brazeau’s Lysell’s Poitras’ etc.

I’ll take Guentzel at 9m over Domi & Heinen at a combined 7m. Bussi 775k over Korpisalo at 3m. These overpays add up. The Bruins need some star power, so Pastrnak doesn’t get triple teamed in the postseason.
The Ullmark deal is likely the first move in what I can only hope is a multi-faceted plan of action this off season.

It better be, anyway.

The Korpi business makes little sense.

Maybe they see something in him others don't. Maybe the obvious statistics everyone typically points to don't tell the real story. Maybe Goalie Bob can coach him up. Maybe they don't want to throw Bussi into the 🔥 with no NHL experience. If BB plays poorly, his confidence could take a hit.

But really, three million for a guy whose save percentage was one slot above the worst in the league, even if he had nothing in front of him?

I don't understand the logic, and I can't be the only one.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Sprong 2x5
Foegele 2x5

Kane 2x6.5
I haven't seen anyone mention Foegele.

That's an interesting one.

Like... He'd have to be cheap (not honestly sure I dig him at five). But it's a name I hadn't considered and he does provide something we lack in the top six.

Skinner on the other hand, I am very very wary of.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
If that's the case, wouldn't our other players have the success against them as Jake?
Actually, I was just having a bit of fun with the seemingly hapless Leafs.

To my knowledge Jake has performed well in the playoffs and led the Bruins in playoff points this season.

Many here, including me,.have moved on from DeBrusk because given Sweeney's comments and an apparent lack of progress in a protracted negotiation process, it seems pretty obvious that he's gone.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I would have interest in Skinner but the contract would have to be very affordable. Like not a ton more than JVR’s this past year. He likely gets more elsewhere.

One guy I have interest in is Teravainen, another to a lesser extent is Martinook. I know they’ve got plenty of bottom six players, just always liked him.

Reactions: Bodit9

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He show similar results for his 27 prior teams?
A lot of it has to do with who he was playing with last season. He was ranked #196 in 2022-2023, #73 in 2021-2022, and #155 in 2020-2021. At any given time, there are 192 top 6 forwards in the league.

It was one statistic I looked at earlier in the month because it was a statistic that popped out most when the Bruins signed Geekie last season.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

Rule changes for the upcoming season.

Rule 38.2 (Situations Subject to Coach’s Challenge)

A coach’s challenge now will be permitted to take down a penalty for puck out of play. This only will apply to delay of game penalties when the puck is determined to have deflected off a player, stick, glass or boards, and not on a judgment call on how the puck left the defensive zone (e.g., batted pucks or if the puck was shot out from the defensive zone). In the event of a failed challenge, another two-minute minor penalty will be assessed (in addition to the existing delay of game penalty).

Rule 63.8 (Line Change Following Dislodged Net)

There will be an adjustment to Rule 63.8 so that the defensive team cannot make a line change in the event its goaltender accidentally dislodges the net (old language applied just to skater).

Rule 76.4 (Face-Off Procedure – Centers)

Following an icing, the offensive center also now will receive one warning (same as the defensive player) for a face-off violation.

Rule 75.3 (Unsportsmanlike Conduct – Player Sitting on Boards)

The referee now will provide the offending team (coach and players) with one warning regarding players sitting on the boards (and will so advise the other team). After one warning in a game, the team precipitating the warning will be issued a bench minor penalty for future violations.

A few notable changes proposed by GMs three months ago weren’t announced as part of today’s modifications. Regarding Rule 63.8, the league stopped short of the GMs’ proposal that a goaltender could be penalized for intentionally dislodging the net. Staying with netminders, they also did not approve a proposal that backup goaltenders could receive a warmup if the starter is pulled out of the game due to injury or concussion.

Additionally, coaches will not be able to challenge a minor high-sticking call in an attempt to show that the infraction was the result of a teammate’s stick, not the offender’s, as proposed.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Posted in the wrong thread before- whoops!

I feel like this summer you lock in your top 6 center and go for a short term solution for wing (Skinner).

Next summer you take swings at guys like Verhague, Marner, Konecny, Buchnevich, etc to name a few (assuming of course they aren’t resigned by then).

www.capfriendly.com

2025 NHL Free Agents - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

2025 NHL free agent players who are available to be signed during NHL free agency
www.capfriendly.com
www.capfriendly.com

Obviously if some of the bigger name centers from this list hit the market you have to take a shot at them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad