24/25 English Cup thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Between swallowing a crown and getting it stuck in my esophagus, catching COVID for the first time and being a Spurs fan.......trying to figure which has given me a worse week

....it's COVID, by the way. LOL
The only silver lining for me was Bentancur's play, he's so much more comfortable on the ball then he used to be at Juve, plus the same killer in defense.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
My version is one where I feel almost well for a few hours, and then I have to nap for 2-3 hours as I crash a bit. Today I took a 5 minute walk to the store and back and was sweating buckets, like I was put through a bag skate.

That was my Covid experience too. As long as you're free to stay in bed all the time, it seemed quite manageable. But this was also back when having it meant you had to (/got to) spend 2 weeks cut off from the world, and I got kind of cozy with that

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
That was my Covid experience too. As long as you're free to stay in bed all the time, it seemed quite manageable. But this was also back when having it meant you had to (/got to) spend 2 weeks cut off from the world, and I got kind of cozy with that

I only had a fever Saturday and Sunday, so while I have felt generally crappy, I haven't felt SICK where I had to stay in bed.

I've been able to stay caught up on work, essentially. Just staying inside, generally.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I only had a fever Saturday and Sunday, so while I have felt generally crappy, I haven't felt SICK where I had to stay in bed.

I've been able to stay caught up on work, essentially. Just staying inside, generally.

As I was watching college football last night at 8 o’clock I had the sudden thought, “I don’t have Covid anymore.” And I tested and I was negative.

Covid made me feel like I had Covid the entire time and the minute it left me my body knew. Weird illness

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Sorry about missing last week with this; Carabao Cup matches this week:

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
WalsallLeicester CityTue., Sep. 24, 1:45 PMBescot Stadium
Manchester CityWatfordTue., Sep. 24, 1:45 PMThe Etihad
ChelseaBarrowTue., Sep. 24, 1:45 PMStamford Bridge
Wycombe WanderersAston VillaTue., Sep. 24, 2:00 PMAdams Park
ArsenalBolton WanderersWed., Sep. 25, 1:45 PMThe Emirates
LiverpoolWest Ham UnitedWed., Sep. 25, 2:00 PMAnfield

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Maybe these two English Cups need to adopt the Olympic rule of playing only so many players over a certain age? Let's say three players over 25, everyone else needs to be under, and as the team wins you can rotate the old timers. Or maybe they need to play a certain number off their academy squads.

Reactions: Evilo

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Maybe these two English Cups need to adopt the Olympic rule of playing only so many players over a certain age? Let's say three players over 25, everyone else needs to be under, and as the team wins you can rotate the old timers. Or maybe they need to play a certain number off their academy squads.
Especially for the Carabao Cup.

Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Casadei starts for Chelsea for the first time, after previous 11 subs appearances. Chilwell on the bench.
Gusto starts after an injury, and Felix & Mudryk get their chances too.

The only time Chelsea has faced Barrow was in the 1948 FA cup, winning 4-0. That match crowd of 44 336 is still the record for a match Barrow has taken part in.

Chelsea's biggest ever League cup win is 7-0 over Doncaster from 1960, maybe they can do better than that today.

Current Barrow manager Spethen Clemence never won against Chelsea as a player in 12 matches for Spurs and Birmingham. Should remain the same tonight.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Wimbledon pumped out over 100 000 litres of water from their pitch/stadium after thei match against Newcastle was cancelled because of flooding.

The match will be played at St.James Park instead on October 1st.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
City one nil up, nice play by Doku

Watford trying to play from behind against City away so they got burned of course haha

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nkunku makes it 1-0 after 8 mins, pretty chip pass by Joao Felix.

Felix back heel pass for Gusto, whose low cross is flicked in by Nkunku to make it 2-0 after 15 mins.

Felix decent free kick goes in via post (might be officially an own goal by the keeper) to make it 3-0 before 30 mins are up.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
City one nil up, nice play by Doku

Watford trying to play from behind against City away so they got burned of course haha

2-0 at half-time, so not the type of trashing that City did over them at the FA cup final in 2019, at least not so far. Matheus Nunes scored his first goal for City in his 34th match for the club, accurate shot near the post.

Nkunku and Mudryk combine to give Neto a goal to make it 4-0 for Chelsea at the start of 2nd half. Keeper made a save to deny Dewsbury-Hall a minute later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad