2025 NHL Entry Draft

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I am a huge Ryabkin fan but this is a significant red flag, still very young but at that age (draft year to boot) and that level you need more off ice commitment and not simply rely on your talent.

Yeah.. I'm a Ryabkin fan but I don't think he will be a target with our pick this year.

I would expect the Habs brass to be looking for another skilled forward with size/jam to their game. Ryabkin has some but not enough.

Reactions: Riggins

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
1000009580.jpg

Reactions: Sagikev

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah.. I'm a Ryabkin fan but I don't think he will be a target with our pick this year.

I would expect the Habs brass to be looking for another skilled forward with size/jam to their game. Ryabkin has some but not enough.

Yeah I definitely don't think they are going towards Russia this year, we got Demidov and will live through a crappy development year but he's a stud so it won't affect him much.

Would be great if we're picking something like #11 AND #12 with our pick and Calgary’s, where the Habs show solid progression and the Flames overachieve.

Porter Martone is the dream but that's all it is, a lottery win pipe dream. Anyone know if Malcolm Spence has a physical edge?

Reactions: Sagikev

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah I definitely don't think they are going towards Russia this year, we got Demidov and will live through a crappy development year but he's a stud so it won't affect him much.

Would be great if we're picking something like #11 AND #12 with our pick and Calgary’s, where the Habs show solid progression and the Flames overachieve.

Porter Martone is the dream but that's all it is, a lottery win pipe dream. Anyone know if Malcolm Spence has a physical edge?

Yeah, Spence has jam. He plays a strong physical game, and is solid along the boards and on the cycle. Intense forechecker and good two-way player. He's a puckhound.

He's a pesky and is known to chirp. Apparently, he's pretty good at it, too.

He doesn't have high end skill, but he should score at NHL level. Comparable is like a cross between Lehkonen and Byron except bigger and more physical than either.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah, Spence has jam. He plays a strong physical game, and is solid along the boards and on the cycle. Intense forechecker and good two-way player. He's a puckhound.

He's a pesky and is known to chirp. Apparently, he's pretty good at it, too.

He doesn't have high end skill, but he should score at NHL level. Comparable is like a cross between Lehkonen and Byron except bigger and more physical than either.
A buff Lehkonen is a pretty good comp IMO, he brings the same type of game, but with a bit more size and power. Strong skater too, heck of a natural athlete.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
A buff Lehkonen is a pretty good comp IMO, he brings the same type of game, but with a bit more size and power. Strong skater too, heck of a natural athlete.
I am not sure, this warrant a top 10 pick unless some people can convince me he has some Tkachuk level of talent in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad