2025 NHL Entry Draft

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I'm with you. As much as I like Hagens, Martone has all the tools PLUS the size PLUS the "it" factor. I'm also leaning toward him.

I also won't be surprised if Schaefer ultimately ends up higher (than Hagens) on my board. I'm a huge believer.
Schaefer is also a year younger than Martone and one of the youngest players in the class.

Shaping up to be a 2014 kind of draft, where any of 4 guys could be ranked first depending who you ask (Hagens, Martone, Schaefer, McQueen)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
If I had 1st overall today, I'm taking Porter Martone.
Me too honestly, I've loved his game every time I've seen him play

Hagens has #1C potential though, could reach Jack Hughes levels

If players live up to their potential - which top-6 is better?

Slafkovsky-Hagens-Demidov
Caufield-Suzuki-Dach/Laine/Hage

or

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Demidov
Caufield-Dach-Martone

If Dach solidifies himself as a legit 2C this year I actually prefer the latter deployment. 2 huge guys on Caufield's line and 3 big guys in the top-6

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
While y'all posting soliloquies about Martone, I decided to watch him closely in the first period.

I'll have to chant the choir. Have a hard time seeing him as anything less than a top 5 pick.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Sharp looking top 6, but prepare to break the bank for it
I doubt it. Suzuki and Caufield's contracts will look relatively cheap in 2-3 years. And HuGo are looking for team oriented players who presumably won't be looking to break the bank. They will likely be looking for reasonable contracts. Not home town discounts but not top of the market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad