2025 NHL Draft Thread

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Leafs first + 2026 first + one of our good prospects I’m thinking, if that were the route he were to take.

Was just about to reply back with the same idea. I'm not an expert on this draft class, but it looks like there might be a drop off in talent when you get to pick number 8.

I think right now it's only a given that the Sharks are worse than us. Who knows what happens there between Chicago, Columbus, Anaheim, Montreal, and Calgary.

If we get a top 3 pick of our own, I think this would be the year to pull the trigger on trying to get back into the top 10 with our 2026 pick and the pick from Toronto.

Unpopular opinion but do that and go sign Marner if he hits the market. Rantanen would be even better, but I don't think Colorado lets him walk but I think there is a decent chance Marner does walk if Toronto has another typical playoff run.

Last edited:

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I can easily see us getting 75 points or so (If most things go as planned) Just not sure how many Teams will be under that . We dont wanna draft past 8 , seems like a drop off . We should be picking somewhere between 5th to 10th overall .

Attachments

• after8.jpg
    after8.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
If you combined the 2023-2025 drafts in the mythical scenario that all of these guys were coming out at the same time, how do goes like Hagens and Martone rank amongst....

Bedard
Carlsson
Fantilli
Celebrini
Hagens
Martone

Trying to get a gauge on the level of prospects that Hagens and Martone are.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Martone or Mcqueen would be awesome.

By the way, you can already pencil in Lynden Lakovic as the Toronto 1st round pick. He's the exact type of player that isn't good enough to be a blue chip prospect, but good enough to give fans small hope just like Nazar, Moore, Rinzel, Korchinski, and Boisvert. He also fits the KD style of play

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Martone or Mcqueen would be awesome.

By the way, you can already pencil in Lynden Lakovic as the Toronto 1st round pick. He's the exact type of player that isn't good enough to be a blue chip prospect, but good enough to give fans small hope just like Nazar, Moore, Rinzel, Korchinski, and Boisvert. He also fits the KD style of play
I appreciate the restraint in not adding Lev to this list bcuz i probably would’ve

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If you combined the 2023-2025 drafts in the mythical scenario that all of these guys were coming out at the same time, how do goes like Hagens and Martone rank amongst....

Bedard
Carlsson
Fantilli
Celebrini
Hagens
Martone

Trying to get a gauge on the level of prospects that Hagens and Martone are.
Bedard

Celebrini
Fantilli
Hagens

Carlsson
Martone

Reactions: GIADF

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I can easily see us getting 75 points or so (If most things go as planned) Just not sure how many Teams will be under that . We dont wanna draft past 8 , seems like a drop off . We should be picking somewhere between 5th to 10th overall .
Without bad lottery luck - what 5 teams (or as many as 10) do you think are worse than the Hawks? I would include SJ/CLM, and you can probably make an argument for ANA/CAL, but struggle to think of anyone beyond that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad