2025 NHL Draft Thread

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
who was bpa at pick 2 in the 2014 draft? draisaitl? point? a russian goalie? a few years ago you wouldn’t have even considered reinhart in the conversation even though he was actually picked in the position, but ten years in and he’s a 50 goal scorer and a cup champion.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Just watched a YouTube(Scouching) where Will Scouch was asked his opinion on the 2025..
Of course namedvtje usual suspects Hagens ,Friedel,Rybakov ,Misa(I think he forgorMartobe) ..but he classified the 2025 draftcas basically a lot of smaller good forwards and a lit of big and lanky dmen.

Mentioned a stringer draft for Sweden but also a lot of goid big Russian dmen..

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
If there is a Askarov-level goalie prospect, they should definitely consider drafting him if one’s available. I’m not sure either Commesso or Gajan project as high level starters

Florida Blackhawks

Jun 29, 2023
I mean... why not right? Pronman already posted his very, very early list.

Next years draft will definitely be more forward friendly than this years. Would love to see the Hawks grab one of those top power forwards in the draft (or you know, just win the lottery and pick Hagens).

2025 NHL draft talk already? Hockey never sleeps and is getting big in the desert.

The thing is the best prosepect are teenagers. The NHL should make the minimum draft age be 20 as there is some physical development between the age of 18 and 20. Take out some of the guess work.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
IMG_0681.jpeg

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
For goalies, here's an early list:

Daigle and Harenstam are the ones I've heard/seen the most of. Elite skills, but both lack polish and composure. I don't think no matter what you spend you are any closer then Drew or Adam.

Personally, I thought this previous draft would be a good time to take a depth prospect, but the good ones went way higher then I thought.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
James Hagens (C) seems a consensus #1...despite his size..

After that Porter Martone,RW ,Anton Frondell(C) Ivan Ryabkin seem to be early picks in the top 4...the rest of the top 10 seem to be among Mathew Schaefer (LD,)Logan Hensler( RD)Jacob ihs Wozniak (RW ), Michael Misa(LW),Malcolm Spence (LW),Roger McQueen (C)

I you probably can jumble the order from6 to tem..but it us very early.

The rarly consolidated early rankiing or #11is Caleb Desnoyers a Center with Moncton of the QMJHL..

HOWEVER...I see that a lot of earlylists still have this kid listed as 6'1,163lbs ....it turns out in the Daily Faceoff early Ranking that just came out 4 days ago they report him with a lot more growth and muscle now = 6'2 190..while they rank hin at #11 like the early consolidated ranking posted on eliteprospects com (EP itself ranks him 13th ...but EP has not updated his new height and weight @) so maybe a litbofblisys were unaware of his new measurements when their lists came out!)...inane casecthat could bump him up into thectop ten and I'd he really dominates this season he coukdcrise to a top 5)...

I really like the scouting reports on Desnoyers...aside from the 200ft game where he excells defensively,offensively he is a cerebral tactician with high end playmaker and puck handling skills...I didcread 1 report of a weakness needing to improve..that was lack of explosiveness..but he makes up for it with a powerful stridecand goodcedgesxand quick feet..Compete level and pace are high..
So given all the hockey I.Q plus skill,compete and alresdycadvanced defensive game,and now that he already is 6'2 190 ,if he doninates and puts up big numbers thus seadon he shoukd be a contender in the 6-10 range and maybe top 5 by tge end of thec2024/25 season.

We should keepa focus on this kid.

A goalie could go in roundbone...
DAIKY faceoff has Joshua Ravensbergen of Oronce George WHL ranked at#28 at this early stage. HE COULD be target for the Hawks with our Toronto 1st Rounder...likly mid to late 20s s ...

We are not a Russian an shop..only occasional picks from Russia(our Russian scouts must feel like Maytag repairmen.. hardly ever called on at the draft table ...but a couple of big rusdian dmen could park interest late first with the Toronto pick if we do not use it on a goalie:

Artyom Vilchinsky is 6'6 240 LHD who skates well...physical...separates opponents fromthe puck ..but nerds work on his decision making ..has some good tools..Hevis an early #22on the DailyvFaxeoff ranking..

Kurban Limatov is a 6'4 187 LHD ...mobile dman ..I have heard 1 scoutingv eport that likes hom better than Vilchinsky..

We will see where these big dmen endvup by the east of thec34/25 ranking before thec2025vdrsft.

And of course there will be surprises and late risers..

Just hope the Hawks fill outvtheirecdraftvpool..

Needs...op six wibgerxwith Size skill scoribg physicality powr winger.
Aniother er candidate to challenge Boisvert for 2C with size 2 way game plus skill and scorong.

Anotger LHD to develop since Rockford shoukd deplete with graduations to the Show by next sesson...EdM Allan ,KK back up
..So pipeline needs more flowing back in forc3 -5yearsxdown thecroad.

More RHD for the pipeline...

Gotta keep the pipeline flush with talent coming.to develop 3-5,years out from 2025 draft.

Also goalie need for pipeline since we skipped a draft notvtakingbone ...just in case Cpmesso ;so Derulo oand Gajan all fail to take axspotvin the show as a diffetence-maker goalie .

So we still need pipeline flow at every position ...

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
Davidson doesn't want to be the Leafs. He's only going to tank for Mckenna in 26 if he has to.
Bedard+Depth>>Core stars $$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad