2025 HHOF predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Bergeron is eligible in 2026 & that was one of chara's best friends on the team and plus his peak was only like 7 years, I'd rather see Tkachuk & either brindamour or Cujo get in before Chara, dude not every defenseman has gone in 1st ballot
Only 7 years? Do you know how many Dmen were end season all stars more than 7 times? This is the complete list:

Bourque 19
Lidstrom 12
Harvey 11
Siebert 10
Orr 9
Shore 8
Kelly 8
Pilote 8
Coffey 8

That’s 9 players since 1931 until today who have more all-star selections than Chara at the position. And you say ONLY 7 years…

Chara is a top-5 Dman of his era. And he should wait to make space for Tkachuk and Brindamour who are what? Top-30, top-40, top-50 forwards of their era?

Reactions: VanIslander

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I don't even understand why Carey Price is eligible. He's still under contract this coming year. He's not officially retired - he's treating a long-term nagging injury that won't let him play, that could theoretically get better and allow him to play again this season (I realize this isn't actually going to happen).

Shouldn't it be 4+ years after his contract expires?

Landeskog is injured and hasn't played in 2 years. What if - it takes him 2 more years before he's able to return. Would people also vote him into the HHOF because he hasn't played in 4 years? (yes - I realize he's not quite a HHOF'er).

It just seems silly to me.

Since he is eligible - I agree with OP around the 4 names voted in - Price, Thornton, Chara, Keith. Zetterberg and Getzlaf wait a year. And if one of the 4 waits a year - I suspect it will be Keith - not the other 3.

Chris Pronger

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Only 7 years? Do you know how many Dmen were end season all stars more than 7 times? This is the complete list:

Bourque 19
Lidstrom 12
Harvey 11
Siebert 10
Orr 9
Shore 8
Kelly 8
Pilote 8
Coffey 8

That’s 9 players since 1931 until today who have more all-star selections than Chara at the position. And you say ONLY 7 years…

Chara is a top-5 Dman of his era. And he should wait to make space for Tkachuk and Brindamour who are what? Top-30, top-40, top-50 forwards of their era?
Tkachuk sure he never won a cup but his buddy from Phoenix JR just got inducted, brindamour has two selke's and a cup ring should've won the conn smythe on that cup run but the voters looked at cam ward like he was this superstar in net he wasn't.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Tkachuk sure he never won a cup but his buddy from Phoenix JR just got inducted, brindamour has two selke's and a cup ring should've won the conn smythe on that cup run but the voters looked at cam ward like he was this superstar in net he wasn't.
Let's make room for Patrick Marleau because he played with Joe Thornton, while Duncan Keith waits.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Let's make room for Patrick Marleau because he played with Joe Thornton, while Duncan Keith waits.
They were magic together they never won a cup but what they did on and off the ice as captains of the sharks I think Marleau is the longest or second longest captain in sharks history he beats Thornton and pavelski by 1 year, if Duncan Keith waited i Wouldnt mind that him going in the 2026 class with Bergeron, Brindamour, & either Gonchar or zetterberg

Ok 2025 class Jumbo joe, Marleau, Tkachuk, & Chara

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

Bourque 19
Lidstrom 12
Harvey 11
Siebert 10
Orr 9
Shore 8
Kelly 8
Pilote 8
Coffey 8

Ok I'll make an exception for Chara but not Duncan Keith less Norris nods even though he did win two, the years he was nominated and didnt win it were 2012 when Karlsson won it, 2013 when subban won it, & 2015 when Karlsson won it his peak was shorter than chara's. He did win it in 2009 and 2014 and was also in top five in voting in 2010 when Chara won it, and 2011 when Lindstrom won it and 2013 when subban won it I believe his last top five finish in voting was 2nd or third to doughty in 2016.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
All five are going in. All five should go in first ballot. Sucks that one can't go.

I think Price is the best player of the group but injuries and horrible teams limited him. I think his resume is the weakest. That being said, he was seen as being among the best players in the league for a short period of time.

Thorton I think has to go in, bad playoff resume and all. He's not who I'd want leading my club when it matters but... Three Harts are just too good to ignore. Duncan Keith was among the greatest 100 players listed so we know where the NHL's headspace is with that. Those two are locks.

So it's Chara, Price and Getzlaff. Getzlaff and Chara have cups and played full healthy careers. I think they'll get the nod but it could be any one of them missing.

Whoever misses, there's no shame. What a great class to be a part of. I'd actually like to see the HOF make an exception but that's not going to happen.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
All five are going in. All five should go in first ballot. Sucks that one can't go.

I think Price is the best player of the group but injuries and horrible teams limited him. I think his resume is the weakest. That being said, he was seen as being among the best players in the league for a short period of time.

Thorton I think has to go in, bad playoff resume and all. He's not who I'd want leading my club when it matters but... Three Harts are just too good to ignore. Duncan Keith was among the greatest 100 players listed so we know where the NHL's headspace is with that. Those two are locks.

So it's Chara, Price and Getzlaff. Getzlaff and Chara have cups and played full healthy careers. I think they'll get the nod but it could be any one of them missing.

Whoever misses, there's no shame. What a great class to be a part of. I'd actually like to see the HOF make an exception but that's not going to happen.
I do have a fifth player going in Jen Botterilll

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Chris Pronger
They should change the rule to where if your under contract on LTIR your not eligible, I'd argue for pronged as a fifth player inductee in 2018.
Chris Pronger
2015 the class should've been Fedorov, Housley, andreychuk, & Lidstrom, andreychuk's 2017 spot I'd give to Sergei zubov, and zubov's spot in 2019 I'd given to CuJo

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Most of the HHOF talk is for forwards but here’s my list of Goslies who IMHO might be Hall Worthy

Andy Moog
Pete Peeters
Bill Ranford
Cujo
Ryan Miller
Kipper
Nabokov
Khabibulin
R.Crozier

All very good goalies. All belong in the Hall of Very Good at the top. The one with the best chance is not mentioned I don't think, and that is John Vanbiesbrouck. He might be the goalie that has the best chance out of any of them not in. Or Andy Moog. It wouldn't be the worst thing to see Moog in there. He did so much in his career and if anything is lacking it would be a 1st or 2nd all-star selection. Cujo follows as he desperately needed a Cup or even just a World Cup/Olympics gold medal where he was the starter. I honestly think Cujo is that close.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Ok I'll make an exception for Chara but not Duncan Keith less Norris nods even though he did win two, the years he was nominated and didnt win it were 2012 when Karlsson won it, 2013 when subban won it, & 2015 when Karlsson won it his peak was shorter than chara's. He did win it in 2009 and 2014 and was also in top five in voting in 2010 when Chara won it, and 2011 when Lindstrom won it and 2013 when subban won it I believe his last top five finish in voting was 2nd or third to doughty in 2016.
Leaving Keith out is just as bad as leaving Chara out. Keith won three cups, a Conn Smythe (and could have won one in each of the three runs, really), two Norris trophies. None of the other players you are putting forward are close to being in his league.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
The writers gave the '08 Selke to the wrong Wing and things just snowballed from there...
I do think Zetterberg is underrated. I don't think Datsyuk is overrated or was ever a wrongful winner of the Selke. In fact, he had some terrible luck with injuries and also being brought along so slow due to the Wings center depth.

I think the tandem is underrated, in fact. They were more than a match for the Sedins, more than a match for not yet peak Crosby/Malkin and, I think they were better than Toews/Kane even when Datsyuk was broken and faded. Zetterberg sending Toews to the penalty box consecutively, with his head down and Seabrook consoling him...... will never leave my memory. Hawks still won that series, but I believe Nick was retired (and the terrible Brendan Smith there instead) and Pav was faded, or maybe even out for that series. Toews was not far removed, if at all, from being 'Crosby's Competition' and 'Captain Intangibles' and Zetterberg may have had him in actual tears due to outworking, outchecking and basically being a gritty pain in the ass who could also lead an offence. He was Tikannen with skill in a way.... a bigger Gilmour, a better Steve Larmer. Just an absolute tireless wolf that would run you until you drop.

Ya, underrated. For sure.

I just take exception to the implication that Pav wasn't 100% a rightful Selke winner. He was silk and intellect, and the strongest, most deft stick that I have seen from a forward.
They did it differently, but I never could pick between them, only to say that Pav could finish offensive plays a bit better.

For Canadian media and being the face of a Canadian franchise it is an advantage. Not for winning or signing players. I'm legitimately surprised you're confused by this.

Do you really think Alfredsson being the face of a Canadian franchise(even if it's the smallest or 2nd smallest) didn't give him an advantage with getting into the HHOF so easily?
Yes, as it did for Sundin and Koivu. It should be obvious that it helps a player a lot, regardless of birthplace. I mean, I like Saku a lot, but he doesnt hold a candle to Zigmund Palffy, a tiny player from the same era, and Saku was a household name.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Leaving Keith out is just as bad as leaving Chara out. Keith won three cups, a Conn Smythe (and could have won one in each of the three runs, really), two Norris trophies. None of the other players you are putting forward are close to being in his league.
I have to leave one out not all defenseman are first ballot dude. Heck Chara might not get in, in favor of zetterberg.

I do think Zetterberg is underrated. I don't think Datsyuk is overrated or was ever a wrongful winner of the Selke. In fact, he had some terrible luck with injuries and also being brought along so slow due to the Wings center depth.

I think the tandem is underrated, in fact. They were more than a match for the Sedins, more than a match for not yet peak Crosby/Malkin and, I think they were better than Toews/Kane even when Datsyuk was broken and faded. Zetterberg sending Toews to the penalty box consecutively, with his head down and Seabrook consoling him...... will never leave my memory. Hawks still won that series, but I believe Nick was retired (and the terrible Brendan Smith there instead) and Pav was faded, or maybe even out for that series. Toews was not far removed, if at all, from being 'Crosby's Competition' and 'Captain Intangibles' and Zetterberg may have had him in actual tears due to outworking, outchecking and basically being a gritty pain in the ass who could also lead an offence. He was Tikannen with skill in a way.... a bigger Gilmour, a better Steve Larmer. Just an absolute tireless wolf that would run you until you drop.

Ya, underrated. For sure.

I just take exception to the implication that Pav wasn't 100% a rightful Selke winner. He was silk and intellect, and the strongest, most deft stick that I have seen from a forward.
They did it differently, but I never could pick between them, only to say that Pav could finish offensive plays a bit better.

Yes, as it did for Sundin and Koivu. It should be obvious that it helps a player a lot, regardless of birthplace. I mean, I like Saku a lot, but he doesnt hold a candle to Zigmund Palffy, a tiny player from the same era, and Saku was a household name.
Brendan Smith when he was with us should've been a fourth line winger.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

Bourque 19
Lidstrom 12
Harvey 11
Siebert 10
Orr 9
Shore 8
Kelly 8
Pilote 8
Coffey 8

Tkachuk is a top American born player of his era.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
I love to hear this about Smith from Wings' fans. Guys I knew at the time just thought he was a skilled, young dman. Good wheels...... cuz thats what was being said on the magic box. Couldn't get anyone to watch an actual game and see what I was saying.

He effin killed us, and watching the Bruins just dump it into his corner over and over, KNOWING that he would cough it up at probably a %25 rate...........

ya, fourth line winger.... good skater... did not, at least at that time, have the calm or intelligent head for D.

Do you remember when he dropped the gloves with Chara? And Chara took pity and gave him a, 'are you SUUUUURE?' look.... and Smith went, "oh ya... uh... good call, thanks, I'd rather not"

hilarious, but also illustrated how much more gusto he had than sense at that time.

@Giotrapani91

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Duncan Keith was a three time all star at defense Tkachuk was a two time all star at the wing position, John LeClair won a cup in 93, and was a five time all star at the wing.

I love to hear this about Smith from Wings' fans. Guys I knew at the time just thought he was a skilled, young dman. Good wheels...... cuz thats what was being said on the magic box. Couldn't get anyone to watch an actual game and see what I was saying.

He effin killed us, and watching the Bruins just dump it into his corner over and over, KNOWING that he would cough it up at probably a %25 rate...........

ya, fourth line winger.... good skater... did not, at least at that time, have the calm or intelligent head for D.

Do you remember when he dropped the gloves with Chara? And Chara took pity and gave him a, 'are you SUUUUURE?' look.... and Smith went, "oh ya... uh... good call, thanks, I'd rather not"

hilarious, but also illustrated how much more gusto he had than sense at that time.

@Giotrapani91
I deeply regret that boston series in 2014

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

@Giotrapani91
People forget Smith should've been a fourth line winger that's my opinion I do have a question johnnu gaudreau passed away a few days ago and they need a left winger spot at the four nations cup does Parise come out of retirement for one tournament or does Patrick Kane get the spot he plays center and right wing but shoots left could they add one of them to the four nations cup to replace gaudreau as the 1st or 2nd line left winger

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Could Curtis Joseph make the hall of fame this year in the wild card spot him, Keith Tkachuk or Rod brindamour. Obviously you have Thornton, Keith, & Chara could I see Keith or Chara waiting until the next year it would only be one of the two. Like would they induct Chara & Bergeron together cuz think about it Selanne & Kariya went in together.

• Haha
Reactions: shakes the clown

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
at the four nations cup does Parise come out of retirement for one tournament or does Patrick Kane get the spot he plays center and right wing but shoots left could they add one of them to the four nations cup to replace gaudreau as the 1st or 2nd line left winger
Not unless science and technology improve enough in 2025 to the point that either a time-machine takes us all back to 2012, or they are simply reverted back to their 2012-selves, no.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Tkachuk is a top American born player of his era.

as a thought experiment here are the players who overlapped significantly with daddy tkachuk’s career that imo were better than him

chelios
leetch
barrasso
beezer
richter
modano
lafontaine
roenick
leclair
maybe housley
maybe doug weight

not counting hull

not counting 80s guys like langway and mullen

idk if the 10th or 12th best american player of the 90s needs to be in the hall of fame

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes
as a thought experiment here are the players who overlapped significantly with daddy tkachuk’s career that imo were better than him

chelios
leetch
barrasso
beezer
richter
modano
lafontaine
roenick
leclair
maybe housley
maybe doug weight

not counting hull

not counting 80s guys like langway and mullen

idk if the 10th or 12th best american player of the 90s needs to be in the hall of fame
Tkachuk has a good chance of being inducted, and the only reason he hasn't been yet is he played in a very talent-rich era. The LW position was even strong during his career, with Kariya, LeClair, Shanahan, and overlapping with Robitaille, Elias, etc.

Expect he and LeClair to be good bets for future induction. There will be several more from the '90s generation (if they ever finish with the '80s guys).

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
My issue is that for all the hype and media tongue baths he got he only put it together/played to that level in 1 season. Plus while challenged offensively at times in his career, lets not act like Markov, Subban, Emelin, Plekanec is some horrifically bad group to play behind defensively.

Only two Vezina nominations in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad