WJC: 2025 Czech Team

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Looking like zaheaky, benak and holinka all headed across pond.

Holinka and zahesky to CHL
Benak to USHL

I dream of a day where they all stay but it's not this year and hopefully it works out. Oil.kings will have jecho and holinka. U20 in north america so gt.thrm used to small rinks

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yup.lol. blues went all in with Slovakia and czechs and Fischer.lol.
Yeah, last year it was all Swedes and Slovaks. This year apparently our scouts really liked Czechs. 🤷‍♂️

I noticed Lukas Fischer was invited to the US summer camp but don’t see him making the team. Maybe next year though? Is he still eligible for Czechia too?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, last year it was all Swedes and Slovaks. This year apparently our scouts really liked Czechs. 🤷‍♂️

I noticed Lukas Fischer was invited to the US summer camp but don’t see him making the team. Maybe next year though? Is he still eligible for Czechia too?
Yes and no... He would have to play 2 years in Czech leagues to be eligible. Shame as he'd make our summer team

Reactions: STL fan in MN

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Started the season with a 4:2 loss agains Swiss lol, amazing start
Few of our top guys were all sick at the same time.. hrabal, sale, badinka. Wonder how only drafted players got ill? Lol

Exhibition means nothing! I love the looks of this squad for Xmas! Well, till our inevitable injuries, declines and coach omissions.

Bring on the hlinkas!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Well if this is how this year U20 team will present itself then yikes ... dont want to see the WJC ... losing with a year younger Finish B team (whilst leading 5:3 ttwo and half minutes before the end) is just unaccebtable.

Terrible start to the season.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well if this is how this year U20 team will present itself then yikes ... dont want to see the WJC ... losing with a year younger Finish B team (whilst leading 5:3 ttwo and half minutes before the end) is just unaccebtable.

Terrible start to the season.
I will be there with Czech Canadian cheering us on!

Reactions: czechcanadian

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
With that insane performance from Adam Benák at the Hlinka.
Do you guys think he can be in consideration for the WJC?
Our Forward core has a lot of questions to be answered in my opinion
So I think why not give him a try?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
With that insane performance from Adam Benák at the Hlinka.
Do you guys think he can be in consideration for the WJC?
Our Forward core has a lot of questions to be answered in my opinion
So I think why not give him a try?
Him and Mrtka have a chance IMO. Mrtka as a 7/8 D. I think benak is close to a lock IMO. Our forwards are good but not great. He could add some pop.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Him and Mrtka have a chance IMO. Mrtka as a 7/8 D. I think benak is close to a lock IMO. Our forwards are good but not great. He could add some pop.
Maybe as a 8th D but I think our D is very strong so maybe not

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Maybe as a 8th D but I think our D is very strong so maybe not
Yup.. if the right side is the key side..

Ours could be jiricek, badinka and Mrtka.

That's a damn good right side. Size, mobility, high draft pedigrees.

Not sure what side Dvorak plays as he would be another lock on D.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Yup.. if the right side is the key side..

Ours could be jiricek, badinka and Mrtka.

That's a damn good right side. Size, mobility, high draft pedigrees.

Not sure what side Dvorak plays as he would be another lock on D.
I think Dvorak is a left side

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Nomination for the upcoming U20 tournament at the end of August. Benak and Mrtka both in the team.

G Hrabal and Matecha looking good

D looks really good, but still no Jiricek, I though he is healthy already, but apparently not yet.

F has some good names but lacks really elite player like Kulich. Benak is still very young and Sale is kinda not at the level we all would like him to see so far. I would personally like to see also Novotny here in favor of someone like Zidlicky, Petr, Simek or Sprynar. Not a big fan of those guys and I think Novotny is a much better player already, but I get that he is really young and have time.

Don't know if anyone really significant apart from Jiricek is missing in this squad, so it can be close to what we will send to WJC. So really interested to see how will they do at this tournament.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Nomination for the upcoming U20 tournament at the end of August. Benak and Mrtka both in the team.

G Hrabal and Matecha looking good

D looks really good, but still no Jiricek, I though he is healthy already, but apparently not yet.

F has some good names but lacks really elite player like Kulich. Benak is still very young and Sale is kinda not at the level we all would like him to see so far. I would personally like to see also Novotny here in favor of someone like Zidlicky, Petr, Simek or Sprynar. Not a big fan of those guys and I think Novotny is a much better player already, but I get that he is really young and have time.

Don't know if anyone really significant apart from Jiricek is missing in this squad, so it can be close to what we will send to WJC. So really interested to see how will they do at this tournament.
The D and the G look great and that's with no Milota or jiricek... On paper it is beautiful. Our right side is looking to be jiricek, badinka, port, Mrtka (obviously Mrtka projects much higher in future but he's still young) and LD looks to be Dvorak, galvas, fibigr. That is damn good. When port and Dvorak age out in a year, we still look good!

Forwards are solid. Lots of talent from line 1 to 4. But we definitely won't be scaring the shit.out of our opponents who will have bigger names. Hope is benak is ready. Hope is sale is taking his offseason very seriously. Agree about Novotny getting a look. Maybe a new Becher appears and we have some 19 year old poised to go nuclear somewhere. Perez was only missing name.

I can't recall ever looking at a summer tourney and thinking wow. Most drafted players on a squad in awhile too.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The D and the G look great and that's with no Milota or jiricek... On paper it is beautiful. Our right side is looking to be jiricek, badinka, port, Mrtka (obviously Mrtka projects much higher in future but he's still young) and LD looks to be Dvorak, galvas, fibigr. That is damn good. When port and Dvorak age out in a year, we still look good!

Forwards are solid. Lots of talent from line 1 to 4. But we definitely won't be scaring the shit.out of our opponents who will have bigger names. Hope is benak is ready. Hope is sale is taking his offseason very seriously. Agree about Novotny getting a look. Maybe a new Becher appears and we have some 19 year old poised to go nuclear somewhere. Perez was only missing name.

I can't recall ever looking at a summer tourney and thinking wow. Most drafted players on a squad in awhile too.
Yeah did a bit of a research if a havent forgotten anyone and the three names missing are Jiricek, Perez and Kos. + Novotny ofc, otherwise its really strong lineup and as you say, most guys are drafted or to be drafted (or criminaly not drafted like Galvas lol), thats really encouraging.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
If Jiříček will be healthy at the end of the year, the defense can be very good again and a key element of our team. I hope that Badinka will finally be a support in the national team. I really liked Mrtka at HGC, he is a player who reminds me of D. Jiřiček with his movements. It looks like he plays more reliably at the back, Jiříček is certainly better at the front. But that doesn't mean the Mrtka can't attack.
As for our forwards.. I admit I have my doubts. I doubt if someone will appear who will surprise at the tournament as much as Melovský or Becher (maybe Holinka?). On the contrary, there are a lot of players here who were expected more and I have no idea if they can fulfill their potential. Personally, I see the lineup of forwards as average.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah did a bit of a research if a havent forgotten anyone and the three names missing are Jiricek, Perez and Kos. + Novotny ofc, otherwise its really strong lineup and as you say, most guys are drafted or to be drafted (or criminaly not drafted like Galvas lol), thats really encouraging.
Holy shit. Totally forgot about Kos! You just made my day. Dekuju.

Forwards are solid if not spectacular. Eg. At Hlinka we had that very strong line 1. That won't happen but I could still see us scoring a lot as we have depth.

Our undrafted guys include galvas, Mrtka and benak. I'll add in Petr as I am his last remaining fan.lol

I also think holinka is a riser.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4