Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I think this is also a function of the league just being higher-scoring.

On paper, yeah, the talent is better. However, when you look at the bottom line, the 2022-2024 Rangers are 11th in scoring over that time. From 2012-2015, they were 11th in scoring.

I think the one factor that stands out offensively is Panarin. Are Kreider, Trocheck, and Zibanejad outscoring Richards, Brassard, and Nash in the scoring environment from a decade ago? Probably not.

* Fox

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
So are we all basically swallowing the blackpill at this point in regards to this roster going into the season? It seems unlikely a move is made before game 1.

Also NHL Net radio last week mentioned Rempe was the talk of the town among the rookie showcases, don't know if anyone else heard that from Boomer. Hopefully that means he will be an NHL player this year and not a sideshow freak.
I could have told you this the second we knew Trouba wasn’t moving. We should’ve moved Lindgren before free agency. There were plenty of better/equal options available in free agency, and we could’ve gotten some draft picks back.

Missed opportunity

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Seriously. In our 2 conference final losses our opponent's goalies were both making 9.5m and 10.0
Both of those teams had to start shedding cap after they won and had no pressing need to improve. Hell, Florida straight up got worse this summer and are still the best team in the East, easily.

We have to improve, were somehow in a cap crunch before we were even good, and still haven't even signed Igor to his extension.

It's not the same thing.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Both of those teams had to start shedding cap after they won and had no pressing need to improve. Hell, Florida straight up got worse this summer and are still the best team in the East, easily.

We have to improve, were somehow in a cap crunch before we were even good, and still haven't even signed Igor to his extension.

It's not the same thing.
I agree.

and your dog, I cant.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rempe not on the rookie roster showcase vs Flyers, but Edstrom is

IMG_4154.jpeg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Rangers bringing in Adam Erne on a PTO. Valliquette mentioned him as a trade candidate a couple season back. Another veteran body for the 4th line. Fits our needs more than a guy like JVR imo.
he was born in New Haven
Last year played more AHL games than NHL
(if he signs NHL deal...) could be waived to Pack,
if behind Rempe/Brodz/Edstrom/other when Camp breaks

Reactions: McRanger92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad