GDT: 2024 WS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Yankees

Who wins?

• Total voters

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah, left wrist got held up awkwardly during the slide. Hopefully just a stinger but he seemed to be in a good amount of pain.

I mean, I said before the at bat started that I could see him trying to steal during the at bat, but didn’t expect it on first pitch.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Will have to see how serious it is, I’m sure they’ll be doing heavy evaluation tonight and have no game tomorrow. If he can play he’ll be playing, it’ll just be down to how much it impacts him if he’s in.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Once that AB got to 2-2 I'd have never swung again just assuming he was going to throw me all sliders

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Dodgers have to feel good that even if the Yankees come back for a few games they’d still have to beat Yamamoto, who has been lights out against the Yankees so far this season.

If Ohtani does miss time, I assume Freeman goes to DH, Muncy to 1st, Kike to 3rd, Lux in?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Think he is just too small. Not confident that contract works out well at all.

I mean, I literally said he needs to find consistency with his nasty stuff. He didn’t have it in game one against the Padres, but the next game against them he threw 5 scoreless innings. That’s what I mean by consistency, not bouncing back and forth with those outings.

Apologies. Posting from my phone and quoted the wrong post.

Meant to quote @BMOK33 about Edmans being on roids 😂

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Good news for everyone not rooting for the Yankees. Ohtani hasn’t been phenomenal in the WS so far (big play in game 1 shouldn’t be overlooked), but he’s given no indication that he won’t have a big game coming up.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ohtani in the lineup is a threat the Yankees can't ignore.
Ya... the fact that Ohtani, Betts, K Hernandez, and Will Smith haven't played up to standard should be frightening. Yes, they have all had impactful moments but overall they are all playing under their abilities.

Freeman, Teoscar, and Edman have been on fire so even if they taper off you would have to think some of the other guys will start getting their cookies.

We will see which Walker Buehler we get but he has been elite in the postseason before and overall has some very good playoff stats. Schmidt has pitched well recently so it will be a good matchup, but if the Yankees can't rough up Buehler this could be it.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad