GDT: 2024 WS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Yankees

Who wins?

• Total voters

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
36 years ago I was out at an event with school friends, and got back just in time to catch the start of the bottom of the 9th of game 1 and saw the Gibson HR.

Last night I was at my kids' school event, and got back at the start of the bottom of the 9th inning.

And both walkoffs happened at 8.37 pm.

Total deja vu. A little spooky.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah the Trout thing is weird... I guess he really likes Anaheim?

Sort of like Harper he left a bunch of money on the table for Philly.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
MLB guys have more freedom than most other sports, if they really want to they can get to a good situation. He didn't have to sign for 12 years. He could have been a free agent back in 2020.
Of course, it’s just crazy they couldn’t put a decent team together with two of the best players of all time in Trout and Ohtani

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yeah the Trout thing is weird... I guess he really likes Anaheim?

Sort of like Harper he left a bunch of money on the table for Philly.

Harper leaves Washington and the Nationals, who couldn't get over the hump over the years with him, all of a sudden go on a cinderella run to a World Series title.

Just bad timing with Harper, even though he got the Phillies to the 2022 World Series, just came up short against Houston.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Yamamoto really does have some nasty stuff, it’s just a matter of being consistent with it.

Getting Stanton out on the first pitch after going to full counts with the first three batters is huge, not just because he didn’t jack it out of the park but to preserve pitch counts.

Reactions: VILARGOD

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I remember a decade ago being 100% sure Carlos Ruiz was juicing and I turned out right he got busted a year later. I feel the same about Edman now, this dude can’t be this good as a career 740 OPSer

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yamamoto really does have some nasty stuff, it’s just a matter of being consistent with it.

Getting Stanton out on the first pitch after going to full counts with the first three batters is huge, not just because he didn’t jack it out of the park but to preserve pitch counts.
Well he was ass against the Padres in the NLDS so that doesn’t really check out

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ohtani gonna hit this dude into another zip code

edit: this was not a good prediction.

• Love
Reactions: the

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Well he was ass against the Padres in the NLDS so that doesn’t really check out
I mean, I literally said he needs to find consistency with his nasty stuff. He didn’t have it in game one against the Padres, but the next game against them he threw 5 scoreless innings. That’s what I mean by consistency, not bouncing back and forth with those outings.

Reactions: VILARGOD

Ad

Ad

Ad