2024 World Juniors Summer Showcase - July 28 - August 3 - USA Hockey Arena, Plymouth, MI

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Finland vs USA about to start, Finland lineup remains mostly the same I believe, USA Lines per the broadcast below:

Eiserman - Hagens - Ziemer
Musty - Terrance - Reeder
Swanson - Svoboda - Plante
Hendrickson - Pelosi - Powell

Hutson - Kleber
Fischer - Emery
Ralph - Hensler
Schulz

Kempf (starter)
Slukynsky

Reactions: Lindgren and MNRube

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Tied up, 1-1. Pelosi from a nice Powell feed behind the net, Kleber with the secondary (not on the scoresheet yet) on a nice pinch.

Kuusla scores again to make it 2-1 Finland as I was typing that. 2 on 1 with Nurmi. Less than 4 minutes in, we have some fireworks.

Reactions: Lindgren

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Watching today’s game reminded me to prepare to be frustrated by the Cole Eiserman experience. I can already feel it….hes gonna drive me crazy like Eichel did in his year (can’t believe we had him killing penalties in that last game). I don’t need you to be a hardo…. But a little intensity would help me sleep at night.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Watching today’s game reminded me to prepare to be frustrated by the Cole Eiserman experience. I can already feel it….hes gonna drive me crazy like Eichel did in his year (can’t believe we had him killing penalties in that last game). I don’t need you to be a hardo…. But a little intensity would help me sleep at night.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eiserman doesn't make the team

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
GT_YOPTWAAEchAA

over $20CAD to watch this is on USAHockeyTV is a little much if you ask me.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Tied up 1-1 on PP goals for each team. Heidt just had a nasty cross ice feed to Cristall. Some good back and forth, Canada controlled play early, but Finland has had a couple of pure O zone shifts since then.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Iginla makes it 2-1 on the finish of a Sennecke pass after he beat the last defender to make it a 2 on 0.

And 3-1, Iginla again, stretch pass from Mackinnon and he snuck in behind the D, 8 seconds after the go ahead goal.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Cristall scores to make it 4-1, he had two pickoffs on the shift that led to oddman rushes, his first attempted pass just failed to click on a 2 on 1, attempt #2 was a 3-0 where he got the pass back for the easy tap in and a goalie that deserved much better.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Musser with a highlight real save to end the 2nd period and keep it 2-1 Finland after a very nice passing play by the Saarelainen line again. Shots 14-7 USA White currently, its been defensive battle through the neutral zone, USA White was trying to be too cute at points with a lot of blind passes up the middle in the O zone. Eiserman has been wide open on the far side for 3 plays, on two the pass to him failed to click, and the other he was stuffed in tight.

Hendrickson has impressed me so far for down ballot options. Hutson has had some pretty stretch passes, offensive zone hasn't been as crisp as usual for him. Emery has been involved up the ice, but failed to click. Ice is very warm, they have had to replace pegs and it looks choppy on the drop passes. US Defensemen have been moving the puck well, Finland is very structured with some good defensive layers though. I've watched Kumpulainen make some good defensive plays to go with nice boardwork and passing the O zone. Hemming looks good, really flying and nice hands.
Interested to see how Musser does at Colorado College. Always like seeing the rare Southern Minnesotan make it big in hockey

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Beaudoin after some long sustained pressure by Canada makes it 5-1. Finland's depth is getting crushed currently, this period has been largely Canada favored.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Emotions high to end the period, Finland has taken a boatload of penalties in the past 5 minutes. Canada unable to score on a long 5 on 3, they go into the 3rd on the PP again. Hyninnen with a 10 minute misconduct near the end.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Heidt finishes through the five hole to make it 8-2, Barkey with a nice assist.

Cristall leading the way with 2G, 2 A so far. Dickinson, Heidt, Sennecke with 1G, 2A each. All playing very well among many others for Canada.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Pieniniemi on the 5 on 3 makes it 8-3 with his second of the game, showing a nice shot.

Saarelainen deflects in a Koivu point shot on the remaining PP to make it 8-4.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Soini lets one go and makes it 8-5, Ravensbergen having a rough go of it the last stretch, 5 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Ad

Ad

Ad