2024 World Juniors Summer Showcase - July 28 - August 3 - USA Hockey Arena, Plymouth, MI

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
McKenna is, by all indications, a strong candidate for Canada's U-20 team, but he was invited by Hockey Canada to the Hlinka Gretzky tournament in Edmonton instead of the U-20 Summer Showcase. I believe the poster is speculating whether Hockey Canada sent McKenna to the Hlinka to sell tickets in Edmonton instead of the Summer Showcase.
Ahh ok makes sense

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
2-1 Finland at the midway point. Saarelainen with both goals for Finland, Musty for USA. Musty has impressed me so far, very competent with the puck. USA has owned most of the chances, game has gotten physical with some after the whistle scrums.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
U.S.A hockey has this one locked down, the streaming spot you can usually get almost any game is shut out of this one and I'm not paying to watch.

Too bad.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Musser with a highlight real save to end the 2nd period and keep it 2-1 Finland after a very nice passing play by the Saarelainen line again. Shots 14-7 USA White currently, its been defensive battle through the neutral zone, USA White was trying to be too cute at points with a lot of blind passes up the middle in the O zone. Eiserman has been wide open on the far side for 3 plays, on two the pass to him failed to click, and the other he was stuffed in tight.

Hendrickson has impressed me so far for down ballot options. Hutson has had some pretty stretch passes, offensive zone hasn't been as crisp as usual for him. Emery has been involved up the ice, but failed to click. Ice is very warm, they have had to replace pegs and it looks choppy on the drop passes. US Defensemen have been moving the puck well, Finland is very structured with some good defensive layers though. I've watched Kumpulainen make some good defensive plays to go with nice boardwork and passing the O zone. Hemming looks good, really flying and nice hands.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Tie game in the third, Hutson from a hard angle gets it to go, had two nice neutral zone skates on the shift. Prior to that play Finland had 4-5 grade A opportunities denied by Musser, he might get a star for only half a game's work.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Plante from Hagens, 1-0 USA on a nice passing play. Sweden has had some nice chances too with good passing. Good intensity to start.

Reactions: Lindgren

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Ziemer with a nice individual effort from out of the corner goes top shelf on the backhand to make it 3-0 USA Blue in the first.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Perrault x2 in the second, Plante, Buium, then Hagens, Leonard with the assists.

USA Blue has dominated possession, major advantage in skating and stick skill compared to this Swede group. Sweden has had some impressive passing chains, but the legs are not there and they have lost nearly every puck battle. 4 shots on net with 6 minutes left in the second period, and down 5-0.

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Our last 9 games with the current coaching staffs: 6 losses, 3 wins

28 g/a. 23 g/f. 50% of our goals for came against Germany.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
should of atleast let mckenna play in this tournament not saying u got to pick him in december but would of been fun to see what he could do here..

He's at Hlinka. He will be there in December.

Not sure about the decision because I think he will destroy Hlinka given what he did at the U18 Worlds.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Officiating is garbage. Sweden never lost possession of the puck on delayed penalty and some idiot blew the whistle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad