WC: 2024 World Championship general discussion

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Gords really good.
If he mentions the Hasek years one more f***en time...

We won 8 gold's in 4 years from 1998 to 2002. Juniors, skodas and best on best olympics. He keeps calling those the Hasek years. Then fans start believing that Czechs rode a hit goalie to the gold 8x.

Hasek played in one of those 8 tournaments.

Those were the hniclicka and cechmanek years.lol

Also .. him and Johnson never look at euro stats. Every player is identified by there CHL or AHL stats. Even if they are 30 and came to CHL when they were 18 and left back to Europe at 19.

And that is my annual Hasek years rant.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

We won 8 gold's in 4 years from 1998 to 2002. Juniors, skodas and best on best olympics. He keeps calling those the Hasek years. Then fans start believing that Czechs rode a hit goalie to the gold 8x.

Also .. him and Johnson never look at euro stats. Every player is identified by there CHL or AHL stats. Even if they are 30 and came to CHL when they were 18 and left back to Europe at 19.

You don't seem to be in the camp that regards him quite highly, lol

That Hasek thing is your equivalent of My " Canada sucks on big ice" personal hair pullers.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006

Yeah, but what about that Hasek? He was great.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Why don't you like Hasek? Best I ever saw.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Funny shit

funny_shit.jpg

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Gold Medals since a playoffs was introduced to the tournament in 1992:

Canada: 9
Sweden & Czechia: 6
Russia: 5
Finland: 4
Slovakia: 1

Fun facts:

Sweden won the first tournament in this format.
Czechoslovakia got a bronze in their only outing, beat Switzerland in the BMG.
Finland has only won gold medals in this format.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Gold Medals since a playoffs was introduced to the tournament in 1992:

Canada: 9
Sweden & Czechia: 6
Russia: 5
Finland: 4
Slovakia: 1

Fun facts:

Sweden won the first tournament in this format.
Czechoslovakia got a bronze in their only outing, beat Switzerland in the BMG.
Finland has only won gold medals in this format.
Re-introduced, as playoff rounds existed already in the past, including the very first editions.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Why don't you look at Czechia then? Is Czechoslovakia taking part in the worlds this year?
Czechia is taking part, as is Slovakia.

The Soviet Union hasn't been a part of the tournament for over 30 years now. Still a way to go for Russia, but both not there in 2024.

If your point is against Czechia getting all the credit for 12 golds, I agree with you. There's nothing funny about it though.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Czechia is taking part, as is Slovakia.

The Soviet Union hasn't been a part of the tournament for over 30 years now. Still a way to go for Russia, but both not there in 2024.

If your point is against Czechia getting all the credit for 12 golds, I agree with you. There's nothing funny about it though.

Lol, it's some boring mental equilibristics here. There is as many Czechoslovakia teams at the tournament as Soviet ones.

And that statistics meant not this WHC or any other certain one but all WHC altogether. And it said about titles not credits. And it was crearly wrong. It's either Czechia 12 and Russia 27 or Czechia 6 and Russia 5, it can't be any other ways.

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
If I'm not totally wrong. The Soviet Union teams were basically 99% of Russian players.
Maybe 1 Kazakh or 1 Uzbekh player here and there.

Yes those gold medals should be credited to them.
No politics just pure sport side of things.

Russia has medalled in Olympics w/ 5 different names. No wonder there's confusion.

Reactions: Johnny Tomala

swissdude

May 18, 2019
russia is banned at the moment and rightfully so but there is no point not to mention them if you list the gold medalists and if you say the usssr medals can't be counted since it was soviet uniion and not russia then, for reasons of logical consistency, the csssr medals would also have to be listed separately and not credited to czechia but I think the main point of the post was not to mention russia at all is not right and there I have to agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad