WNBA 2024 WNBA Season Thread

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Awak Kuier, who played with the Dallas Wings for 3 seasons but took a break this year from the WNBA due to exhaustion, has said she intends to return. Not sure how the WNBA rule change where players have to be present at training camps will work out, since her Italian club Reyer Venezia's season lasts beyond that. She won the league last year with them and was the finals MVP. This season they won the Italian Super Cup already and she was the MVP and became only the second Finnish player to play in the women's Euroleague.

• Haha
Reactions: im gangster

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

old-town-road.gif

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I didn't post it here in this thread but someone posted a tweet about watching the Youtube multiview with a blanket over the WNBA game :laugh:

Let the game grow organically.

Also curious how the league handles the looming work stoppage. I mean WNBA pay is pretty bad (Angel Reese said so herself) and many of the players have to get second jobs in the offseason to make a living.

Reese, Clark et all were making more with college NIL deals than they were in the WNBA :laugh:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I didn't post it here in this thread but someone posted a tweet about watching the Youtube multiview with a blanket over the WNBA game :laugh:

Let the game grow organically.

Also curious how the league handles the looming work stoppage. I mean WNBA pay is pretty bad (Angel Reese said so herself) and many of the players have to get second jobs in the offseason to make a living.

Reese, Clark et all were making more with college NIL deals than they were in the WNBA :laugh:

The players are about 5 years too quick on the trigger IMO. The money isnt there and you cant change your TV deals mid stream. The league is trending sharply in the right direction but still lost money this season. Going into a stoppage now is extremely short sighted and hurts the players and the league. They're killing any momentum they just built up.

Like you point out, until the league revenues are there to support higher pay, the stars will make their money in licensing/endorsement deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad