OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
If the Bears have to keep playing that rookie LT, Caleb might have some more problems.

Let’s march out there, CATCH footballs and go up 16-0. HTTR!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Watching that bomb again, Mclauren really doesn’t seem to have that burst after catching the ball a lot of receivers do. I have a hard time believing guys like Chase or Jefferson don’t take that in . He has almost 4 yards clearance when he caught that ball. If he couldn’t outrun the defender then cut in, change your angle.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Once again self-destructive. Curious who was at fault. Did Badasz snap without the right snap command?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Watching that bomb again, Mclauren really doesn’t seem to have that burst after catching the ball a lot of receivers do. I have a hard time believing guys like Chase or Jefferson don’t take that in . He has almost 4 yards clearance when he caught that ball. If he couldn’t outrun the defender then cut in, change your angle.

TM had to slow up to catch that ball. If the ball was laid out in front of him he runs in untouched. That wasn't on TM, it was a good throw that wasn't perfect.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
stop with the f***ing penalties
I think that was on Badasz who snapped it not hearing that Daniels was changing the play.

TM had to slow up to catch that ball. If the ball was laid out in front of him he runs in untouched. That wasn't on TM, it was a good throw that wasn't perfect.
Felt like he had time to re-accelerate or change his angle.

Reactions: ynotcaps

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I'm really impressed by the defense. especially when they are banged up and playing backups.

bears had to run the ball to win and haven't really run much.

Caleb has been harassed all day

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Sloppy game. Wonder how much of that is not working with the starter all week. I imagine it'd be less of a problem for a group that's mostly worked together for a couple seasons or more.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I'm really impressed by the defense. especially when they are banged up and playing backups.

bears had to run the ball to win and haven't really run much.

Caleb has been harassed all day
Yeah. Shutting down CAR is nice. Shutting down CHI so far is a different deal.

Even though Caleb's been able to escape a couple of times, he's definitely affecting him. He's not hyper-accurate to start with, but the pressure's making him less so.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
No F’ing way. Are there any NFL IEP programs for o- linemen? I think the ADA laws should apply here.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Cannot believe the O Line. Good lord, they need coaching on the fundamentals.
While they are blocking well, they have little football IQ or composure. Cosmi absolutely 100% screwed us over and for no good reason. Its not like it was even a delayed illegal downfield penalty where he thought the ball was out, he did it IMMEDIATELY. That was a “you are a moron” play.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
‘Williams can scramble. But part of his problem is either he is having a hard time seeing downfield or we are locking down the coverage.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Cosmi absolutely 100% screwed us over and for no good reason. Its not like it was even a delayed illegal downfield penalty where he thought the ball was out, he did it IMMEDIATELY. That was a “you are a moron” play.
I don’t know man. The way Romo described it the play was an RPO based on whether a certain defender blitzed or not. How the OL on the other side of the guy the decision is keyed off of is supposed to know which one it is I have no idea. But Cosmi’s first step or two seemed like run blocking ones.

Sure it is unfortunate it would have been for a TD but that seems like a complicated play to try to block and not mistakenly get too far downfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad