OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Finished watching the tape and m an that Chicago offense is going to be a tough test. Rome, Keenan Allen and DJ Moore are all threats. DJ in particular rocked Washington last time.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
1000026319.jpg

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Not sure we're talking about the same play. He saw the guy coming from his left. The time it took for him to decide "I'm going to try to stiff-arm and keep going" is more than the time it takes to just think "Uh oh" and turtle. No reason he can't slide or turtle there.

He also made one (baffling) move in the open field, opting away from the sideline instead of toward it, which brings us to...

He runs to daylight when he should run for the sideline. We've got this new generation of QBs like Kyler and Lamar that can do that sometimes, and they shouldn't. And you're absolutely right that it's because he's been able to outrun everyone up till now, but it's not like "NFL DBs are crazy fast" is a secret.

Running to the sideline is just as important as learning how to get to the ground safely. As a QB, when it's time to run, you take what they give you. You have to put yourself in the position to bail out the second that gap closes. No team wants their franchise QB risking their body unnecessarily. Those few points aren't worth your season, especially versus a team you know you're going to trounce.

He and RG3 are very different, but Jayden's got 100% of Griffin's running hubris. We want the compete level, but he needs a rap on the knuckles every time that hubris comes out until it stops.
This is just overreaction, he's nowhere close to rg3's level of recklessness and blatant disregard for protecting his own body. Save a few plays, jayden consistently avoids contact when he takes off by getting onto the sidelines or just being slippery like lamar.

It just so happens he got hurt the one rare time he took too hard a hit and now thats what everyone focuses on

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

…as one team official told ESPN said about Daniels: "He's one tough ass dude."

Daniels is said to recognize the importance and significance of a game against Williams … "He'd want to play if he were missing his right leg," the team official told ESPN.
_______

Make of this what you will, but I’m allowing myself some hype. The line is already moving.

Jayden vs Caleb might be back on the menu, boys! Hail!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad