OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

ChaosLord

Jan 16, 2010
What I learned from that tremendous Lions / Vikings game yesterday?
* Despite the loss, the Vikings will win their division and claim the #1 seed in the NFC. Their remainign schedule is a joke, every doormat in the league.
* That said, the Lions will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Their offense, with that two headed running attack of Gibbs and Montgomery, is overwhelming.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The Vikes last 5 are ATL, CHI, @SeA, GB, and @DET.

All of those are hard.

@LAR and @CHI are also not easy.

Their entire division is at least 4-2, so their remaining divisional matchups are all difficult.

Really the NFC North playing the AFC South has bolstered their records. The AFC South, outside Houston, is dregs right now. Indy is meh. Jax and Tenn are bad.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1729525380433.png

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Heard on Bill Simmons on Sunday that Washington literally has 6 more home games left this season (already 3-0 in home games)

That's great news. Stadium is shitty but go out there support your team. Glad to see the Ovechkin mod guy and @Neil Racki made it out Sunday. PACK THAT BARN!
Thanks for this, now thinking of changing my username to "Ovechkin mod guy."

Thoughts from the group?

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

Sunday’s biggest play for the Commanders was keeping injured Jayden Daniels off the field​

Considering a prior regime let RG3 back on the field this was a stark difference, and a sign big boys run the club now
I didn’t read the article but under the circumstances it was an easy call with the team stomping Carolina and after shaking off some rust early Mariota looking good. Would they have necessarily made the same call in a close game or if they were losing and the backup looked terrible? Hopefully we won’t have to find out.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
5 - 2 is a very very pleasant surprise , didn't think we'd have that good a record with the holes we have at key positions even if we didn't have the toughest schedule after 7 weeks

congrats to all the players and especially mgmt and the entire coaching staff , just goes to show what competent mgmt and coach's can accomplish

only downside is KK is probably going to be a one and done as OC

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
5 - 2 is a very very pleasant surprise , didn't think we'd have that good a record with the holes we have at key positions even if we didn't have the toughest schedule after 7 weeks

congrats to all the players and especially mgmt and the entire coaching staff , just goes to show what competent mgmt and coach's can accomplish

Some of us batted that around last week. Was REALLY heartened to hear the CBS sideline reporter do a bit on how much KK is loving being here, running this offense, working with Dan Quinn and coaching JD.

I'm hoping like hell that all this and true, and the suggestion that he might be happy to wait a few years before jumping back into the HC seat is right on. Dude has already made a mint (still is an an assistant) and is still young. Spend a few years helping the O ball the eff out then, if you wanna' go for hte big chair again, the offers will be plentiful.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

This gives me pause

1.) watching him behind the scenes in Arizona and the way he left makes me wonder if he wants that pressure right away, he wasn't having a full breakdown or anything but he didn't look like he was enjoying himself either.

2.) this season would be a positive for him no doubt, but not without a lot of questions about why he was able to succeed here and not in Arizona. I don't know the market but if it were me I'd probably want to see him do it another season at least before I conclude that he's learned something...

3.) like someone else said, he's young. He can do this for another few decades if he wants, but if you take and torpedo another chance this early you risk telling everyone that this is as good as you're going to be

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Why did this take a week? The internet knew his name and job within hours of the video.

As a person friends with several LEOs, that kind of thing doesn’t happen immediately. And TBH, it would depend on the officer/department assigned to it.

That being said, I hope that guy gets the book thrown at him. No plea deal, no time served nonsense, fine to the max allowed and lock his ass up good for a while.

People are brazen to do that crap because there’s no fear of consequences.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

Washington Commanders rookie quarterback Jayden Daniels is considered “week to week” after sustaining a rib injury during the first quarter of the team’s lopsided Week 7 win over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

Commanders coach Dan Quinn provided the time frame during a Monday news conference, saying it’s not a long-term issue and the team is hopeful Daniels can play in Week 8 against the Chicago Bears. It’s a matchup potentially involving Daniels, the No. 2 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, and Bears quarterback Caleb Williams, the player taken one spot ahead of Daniels at No. 1.

“We’ll take him through all the steps at practice and assess how he’s doing and keep working through that,” Quinn said. “We’re hopeful he can play, but we’ll also make sure to take every precautionary step and do it smartly for the player and the man.”

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Any of you that subscribe to Twitter feeds get any news on JD's health yet?
I saw that it doesn't have "long term implications"... Felt like a cagey way of saying he misses a few weeks.

Also seeing he should be good to play the Bears.... Hopefully we get some concrete news sooner then later.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Washington Commanders rookie quarterback Jayden Daniels is considered “week to week” after sustaining a rib injury during the first quarter of the team’s lopsided Week 7 win over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

Commanders coach Dan Quinn provided the time frame during a Monday news conference, saying it’s not a long-term issue and the team is hopeful Daniels can play in Week 8 against the Chicago Bears. It’s a matchup potentially involving Daniels, the No. 2 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, and Bears quarterback Caleb Williams, the player taken one spot ahead of Daniels at No. 1.

“We’ll take him through all the steps at practice and assess how he’s doing and keep working through that,” Quinn said. “We’re hopeful he can play, but we’ll also make sure to take every precautionary step and do it smartly for the player and the man.”
They can't say it like this but this ultimately feels to me like:

"We didn't expect to be 5-2 anyway, we're playing with some house money and we're not about to risk a decade of quarterback play for this shit" which is exactly the right move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad