OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Washington will end the day in first in the NFCE despite the loss and they’re playing the best of any team in the division. Jayden is the best QB in the Beast and I don’t think it’s particularly close at the moment. Doesn’t mean Hurts or Dak won’t heat up but the Eagles got lucky to beat the Browns at home, the Cowboys are a mess, and Joe Burrow is about to do illegal things to the Giants.

They have five games left against their rivals and it’s not outlandish to think they can take four of those games. Still in a good spot, today was the definition of house money.

Not remotely worried about Hurts. He's figured out. Everyone knows he doesn't throw to the middle of the field. Only sidelines. You can plop token zone coverage with 2LBs and then focus on the sides and he's got nothing.

There are plays where guys crossing the middle are just ignored by defenses in favor of focusing on the wide options and Hurts ignores the wide open dude. For someone listed as over six feet he plays like he cannot see past his line.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
As for today, I think it's about what a lot of us feared/expected.

I had some hope based on the "any given Sunday" rule, but the Raven's are a better team than we are, and they've been building what they've got for years. As for our end, the D showed they're not as good as the previous 2 weeks suggested, but as others have said, the BAL offense should always be a machine, and today it was. We don't have the secondary talent needed to shut down good offenses, and the pass rush doesn't give it enough help against teams with decent-or better O lines.

Aside from the talent deficiencies on D, the biggest takeaway is that Jaden continues to grow and show week by week. This was the first game since the opener where we were chasing most of the game, and that can be where a rookie gets antsy and makes mistakes trying to push things that aren't there (hell, lots of veterans do the same.) But he didn't get sloppy or careless, didn't play hero-ball and was the reason we were still in the game. He looked really good against a defense that based its entire gameplan on stopping him.

And, yeah -- I'm still a Tee Higgins guy. After today's showing, more than before. ;)

Back at it next week, with another chance to expand our division lead!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Giants aren’t good.

Eagles have a lot of work to do, and some serious issues “in the room” (their HC is losing it).

Cowboys are wounded. Their offense isn’t near as good as it was, and their defense is banged up.

Skins get to 11-6, I think that will win the division. Can they get there? Yes. Schedule favours them over the rest of the division, and they are showing the best — least so far.

Reactions: Lou Sassole

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
As for today, I think it's about what a lot of us feared/expected.

I had some hope based on the "any given Sunday" rule, but the Raven's are a better team than we are, and they've been building what they've got for years. As for our end, the D showed they're not as good as the previous 2 weeks suggested, but as others have said, the BAL offense should always be a machine, and today it was. We don't have the secondary talent needed to shut down good offenses, and the pass rush doesn't give it enough help against teams with decent-or better O lines.

Aside from the talent deficiencies on D, the biggest takeaway is that Jaden continues to grow and show week by week. This was the first game since the opener where we were chasing most of the game, and that can be where a rookie gets antsy and makes mistakes trying to push things that aren't there (hell, lots of veterans do the same.) But he didn't get sloppy or careless, didn't play hero-ball and was the reason we were still in the game. He looked really good against a defense that based its entire gameplan on stopping him.

And, yeah -- I'm still a Tee Higgins guy. After today's showing, more than before. ;)

Back at it next week, with another chance to expand our division lead!
I wouldn't mind Higgins, but I'd rather trade for a corner like Ward. Cleveland is a disaster, so it's a good time to poach some of their defensive talent.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I wouldn't mind Higgins, but I'd rather trade for a corner like Ward. Cleveland is a disaster, so it's a good time to poach some of their defensive talent.
That’s my thinking also. If you are going to burn draft capital for the next couple years to make the team better now, then defense is WAY more of a need than any offensive unit. Would I have necessarily said that going into the season? No but after 6 games, every part of the offense is at least decent. Defensively, only the LB’s look decent. The edge rushers and corners are terrible and the interior line and safeties are mediocre at best.

Unless the plan is to out score teams because you know the defense is so terrible you can’t even contemplate how you’d improve it, I don’t understand the idea of trying to add to the offense this year, as opposed to the defense, at the cost of future assets.

Reactions: Lou Sassole

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Worst home loss for Dallas since 1988 if 47-9 score holds.

Also first time ever there was a 47-9 game in the NFL.
I can't understand for the life of me why Dallas continues to have faith in Prescott.
Not that I'm complaining :D

Reactions: g00n

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
We don't need Higgins especially before this year's trade deadline

give up as many assets as you can to get a premiere DB for the second half if possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad