Roster Building Thread - Part XII

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
This Mika contract 6 more years 🤮🤮🤮🤮 i knew this contract would not end well. Kreider gotten better as he aged. Mika gotten worse. Maybe Mika just does not care. He made some bonehead mistakes last few seasons. That is unprofessional

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
you have to pay Igor, Laf and Miller first. Smith isn’t 5m of he is 3ish off. The math doesn’t work

Igor isn’t going to go to a smaller marker. He will go to Chicago to play with Bedard and probably Kaprizov eventually while the majority of Chicago young talent on ELC
I forgot Smith was retained, thanks. But it’s still 3.5mil off. Plus Lindy, plus Trouba plus the cap increase. Igor gets paid (or not) this off-season Miller will get 6 at best, a raise of 2.1 mil, Laf gets paid, from the sound of it a close to 6mil raise. If Kakko takes his step I guarantee we find the 2mil or so raise to keep him. We will have lots of cheap bottom 6 (and maybe a middle 6er or two) talent available. We have ELC Mancini looking ready. They aren’t ditching Kakko as a dump if he takes a step, and anyone they trade him for would have a cap hit too. But in general, younger players just hitting their prime are not who you salary dump.
I mean neither of us has a crystal ball, we’re going to have to wait and see, I suppose. Anything can happen.

Reactions: IDvsEGO

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sometimes the player winds up with the leverage. It's not like the billionaire owner/mega corporations that own NHL teams got to where they are by being nice guys. It's what capitalism has evolved to in the first half of the 21st century and even if you don't like it it's not like there's much choice.....that's the society's economic program unless you're completely off the grid living in a cave high up some mountain and hunting with a bow and arrow.

I don't see where Drury has much choice either. The story about the Kings being interested.....I mean great but 38 year old Quick as your starter?---Domingue/Garand as the backup? The Kings have average goaltending so I can see why they'd want Igor.

Rempe, Edstrom, Mancini cheap contracts. Berard, Othmann not all that far away---a couple more cheap contracts. Don't lose sight of players like Brodzinski, Vesey who can fill out a roster and play for cheap. I think it can be done and there are other young guys coming along.
Garand is young and can/should start most games.
Ya wanna surgically sit him out vs toughest opponents to ease him a bit, fine
But while green earlier, he arguably could have stepped in last yr and there is no ? imo, which track record shows is not 100%, but usually more correct than not on these things, that he can cut the mustard and co-start now.

In any event, whether it is now or a coupla yrs down the road, we need to sell high on Shesty
that is not an option but reality in hard cap scenario so we can't just buy all top talent all the tme

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
So was there any reason why Brodz was scratched last game? It wasn't an injury or something right? I guess Laviolette just wanted to get Rempe in the home opener in front of that crowd. Don't really get it, that line was fantastic in the first game. Why break it up?
NYR has a Rempe thing. It's odd. Maybe marketing thinks he speaks to the fans who are still sore from being outmuscled by the Flyers in the 70s.

He should be in Hartford, playing a lot & hopefully improving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad