OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Jeez I turned it off after Cousins threw that pick with two minutes left. Can anyone summarize how they hell they tied it up to go to OT?

Refs missed a facemask by a Falcons defender which would have offset a holding penalty. Instead Bucs lose 10 yards and a chance for a FG. Falcons managed to spike the ball with 1 second left to set up a 52 yard FG after they got penalized for delay of game

Reactions: usiel

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Refs missed a facemask by a Falcons defender which would have offset a holding penalty. Instead Bucs lose 10 yards and a chance for a FG. Falcons managed to spike the ball with 1 second left to set up a 52 yard FG after they got penalized for delay of game
Thanks, Cush.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Our rookie LT has been killing it thus far, in fact the whole o-line has been way better than everyone predicted. They should just draft defense this year (and trade for adams)

Case in point:

View attachment 912220
They’ve been easing Coleman in slowly. I think he was up to around ~ 46% snaps last week. Lucas has played the majority of snaps at LT so far - so, let’s see how Coleman progresses over the season. If he becomes the long term solution, then AP is a genius for finding him in the 3rd.

The Browns D with Myles Garrett & co. will be a good test for the OL on Sunday. As well as JD and the whole offense. Fortunately, given Watson’s ongoing implosion, we might only have to score ~ 24 to win.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Not seeing a ton of one read and run plays myself. Coleman has been very good.
We are seeing 100% shotgun formation

We are seeing JD drop back, survey, not throw the ball then run .. half the drop backs turn into QB runs but they are all gains and so smooth .. its great to see bc I thought the O line would handicap our offense

Im just saying .. Andrew Wylie is still Andrew Wylie and if JD goes under center, the LE is going to speed turn that corner before JD completes his drop back

--------------------

Long term plans havent changed imo.

Get a stud LT, move Coleman to RT ... lets go

Reactions: Jags

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

We are seeing JD drop back, survey, not throw the ball then run .. half the drop backs turn into QB runs but they are all gains and so smooth .. its great to see bc I thought the O line would handicap our offense

Im just saying .. Andrew Wylie is still Andrew Wylie and if JD goes under center, the LE is going to speed turn that corner before JD completes his drop back

--------------------

I guess we’ll see. I think they’ve solved the LT question until a clear upgrade practically falls in their laps.

Reactions: Neil Racki

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

--------------------

A little overselling on some of the stats there. There was at least 1 highlight play from last week under center. (Notable because I thought, "hey, he's under center there.")

And the half his dropbacks turning into runs is wildly hyperbolic. Week 1, yes, week 2, less so, but he was also under fire from a fearsome front from NYG. Weeks 3 and 4, he's dropped back to pass with a couple of unscheduled scrambles, but vast majority being throws (and 82.5% of those throws being completions.)

I agree that we need to invest more in the OL going forward, but we shouldn't understate the job they've done so far, especially in the last 2 weeks.

The first 2 weeks looked like a clear breaking-in/adjustment period -- which makes sense, given the starting O played almost no snaps together in the pre-season. Since then, they seem to have jelled as an entire unit with blocking schemes understood and executed, resulting in the machine we're enjoying.

The next 2 weeks are going to tell us a lot about the whole unit, but especially the OL. Are they as good as they looked against AZ? Probably not. Are they as bad as they looked against NYG? Probably not. If the OL shows well there, then maybe we can start dreaming about a draft pick in the 20s, and the ability to use it on BPA and not BLTA.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1728057650356.png

Another one that needs to come back for good instead of the trend toward unis that look like they came from an XFL estate sale.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Ekeler does a friday interview w Grant and Danny and hes a real good listen .. guy will def be talking professionally if he wants to post career

He sounded 100% great last friday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad