OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Not sure what he said or did but it reminds me of Beal how with the beginning of any interview everyone is forced to deal with a 7 second jesus commercial. No reason to peacock your faith.
Darrell Green was always like that too. Though, I can handle the little sermons if someone is playing at that level.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Woke up pretty excited. No punts in 2 games. Is this real life? We might have our QB finally :)

Chinn, BSJ, Sainistril, Quan… they all play hard.

Trouble is BSJ and Sainistril are ideally a 2 CB and Nickle being asked to be cover corners against future HOF receivers.

Giant holes at DB and Edge.
Sainistril might be a star. Michigan fans love him. He was the glue of the D last season.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’d say they are about 3 stars away from being formidable. An Edge, an LT, and a shut down CB.

Now those are 3 pretty big pieces. But I think Peters will figure it out.

Not this year obv (one never knows, would love to somehow get Surtain II from Denver. Reverse the Champ Bailey stigma), team has oodles of cap space).

It’s really a silly giddiness that I haven’t felt in a long while. Since RG3, as everyone says.

Here’s to a far better ending!

I did not think that JD could outperform our D ineptitude, and I was damn wrong!
If we are a 500% or playoffs team our pick will be 15-20. It gets harder to get a starter in that range. Good news is we have a rookie QB contract and tons of cap space and thats the cheat code in the NFL. We can go shopping or trade.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well we didn't have to wait long for the "plan" to unfold as expected. A lot more reads, a lot more shots downfield, and just plain awesomeness from JD and company. Ekeler is RB1 and needs some quick recovery so he can get back in the lineup.

But let's not forget about Noah Brown. Only 3 receptions but they were big ones, iirc. You need guys like him and LMC making clutch catches to have a night like that.

Again, JD has "it". I'm always looking for "it".

He has "it".

The NFL game is already slow for him. Nothing knocks him off his game.

It was hard to tell if he was just a college gameplan product worthy of a top 5 pick that might flame out at first, but after even a few series in the preseason you could see who he really was outside of the college wrapper.

There were a few plays where I held my breath waiting for him to get up because he still has a little of that "throw my body around" RG3 thing that ruined his career. When the arms and legs go helicoptering all over the place, it's asking for the 2nd guy in to rip one off.

Please stay healthy, bro. You can thump your bible all you want if you play like that, but ffs go down easy when you're running because you're Jack Skellington in a really big helmet.

As for the defense, Luvu is the same beast he usually is. In on just about every play, moving around the field, and the only guy who consistently tackles as first man in. There is plenty of room for improvement and you can't score 38-40pts every week (can you?) so they're going to have to start eating up some of that improvement room quickly.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1727178446165.png

The look on the photographer's face in the background

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad