OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
No impact to his health. Sure today, but when he gets nailed in that elbow and it fills up with fluid then he takes another hit on it who's to say it doesn't get infected or broken, as it is a protective mechanism to protect that elbow from a fracture. I mean it could also never be a problem and I'm sure everyone will be overanalyzing this, but there's already concerns about his size and him being able to hold up physically in the NFL and now this Elbow issue, and with Drake Maye sitting there at two, it would be an easy decision imo.
Not everybody...

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
It would be very on brand for the football team from Washington to put the future of the franchise in the hands of a guy whose arm looks like it was drawn by the previous generation of AI models.
More like to draft the guy who's got the longest way to go of the top 4 to reaching his potential.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Welp ..

4. He has a 0.09 win pct and that will help us secure a top 5 pick next year for our franchise LT
There's actually a professional sports franchise fanbase out there who knows similar misery.

In the top of the 3rd with no outs, the Red Sox lead the Oakland A's 4-0, partly on the strength of 3 walks and FOUR errors. Six outs into the game. If the last 25 years of our misery were distilled into a baseball game, it would look a lot like this one.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
It would be very on brand for the football team from Washington to put the future of the franchise in the hands of a guy whose arm looks like it was drawn by the previous generation of AI models.
Hasn’t seemed to hinder him so far

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
If you don’t have the patience to develop a franchise QB you don’t deserve a franchise QB.

Most Redskins fans are so accustomed to having shitty GMs and impetuous ownership that they’ve adopted their ratchet mindset.
It's not just the time, it's the distance. He's pretty widely seen as the most likely to bust. That has nothing to do with the emotional abuse of the past 25 years, that's just risk calculation.

The biggest knock on Daniels seems to be his slender frame and style of play that increases injury risk -- but there are clips with plenty of folks saying they're not worried about that, and he can be the next Lamar, but with better passing skills. But the folks here who don't want him are convinced he'll break and aren't going to be moved from that position.

The biggest knock on Maye is that he loses his fundamentals which makes him miss too many easy throws and put too many balls in danger of being picked off. There are plenty of clips of guys saying he can get that coached out of him and he can be the next Josh Allen (or a tick below, per Breer). But, speaking for myself, I don't believe it's that easy -- one of the biggest feathers in JA's cap is that he's the rarest of guys who had accuracy issues in college and actually became a successful passer. I believe the odds are that Maye is less likely to clean his issues up, so I prefer Daniels.

The bottom line is you don't know Daniels will break any more than I know that Maye will become accurate. And to your point about "Redskinny" thinking, the post to which I was responding was saying picking the guy with the ugly elbow would be the "Redskinny" thing to do. So the "ratchet mindset" is really more applicable to the folks who are terrified of RG3 Jr.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ive always said my comp to Maye was Josh Allen and Carson Wentz. They both hit MVP levels at their peaks and had their warts. Wentz was very bad here after his knee injury.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The NFL insider comment that caught my ear about Maye from yesterday…”he’s Josh Allen but a tick down in every category”….

Better than what we’ve had no doubt, but…..

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
The NFL insider comment that caught my ear about Maye from yesterday…”he’s Josh Allen but a tick down in every category”….

Better than what we’ve had no doubt, but…..
Yeah, that was Breer.

Bottom line, they're all different guys, with different strengths and very different risks. As other here have stated, none of the scouts, coaches or expert former players know who will star and who will bust, so it's certain that none of us can.

Some of us have "our guys," the lucky ones of us are not tied to one specifically -- in the end, what I hope we all have in common is that when the pick comes in, we all get behind whoever it is and root our ballz off for him.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I genuinely like both, and there is a very compelling thesis for picking either. I don’t envy Peters but I’ll probably be fretting over this even more than he will, so I may as well be getting paid for this at this point.

Both players have potential to be All Pro franchise type QBs with a ton of great qualities and only a few real knocks. The trick is figuring out which one is more likely to hit their max potential. As Kurt Warner says, no one knows that, it can't be known, its a pure guess. So, yeah, good luck to AP, DQ and KK. Hope they get this one right.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I genuinely like both, and there is a very compelling thesis for picking either. I don’t envy Peters but I’ll probably be fretting over this even more than he will, so I may as well be getting paid for this at this point.
Sounds like McCarthy isn’t among the options for you.

I think he’s more of an option than we think/know. That may not matter. But it could

Reactions: Neil Racki

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Both players have potential to be All Pro franchise type QBs with a ton of great qualities and only a few real knocks. The trick is figuring out which one is more likely to hit their max potential. As Kurt Warner says, no one knows that, it can't be known, its a pure guess. So, yeah, good luck to AP, DQ and KK. Hope they get this one right.
Watch CW become an all-time god in ten years and all the others wash out -- and we'll all be sitting here claiming we were clamoring for Peters to trade up because we all knew he would the be "THE Guy"...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maye just screams Howell lite me. Same shitty bball school. Same shitty senior year drop off blamed on everyone but them. Howell fell big time and I can't help but think Maye may as well. I am indifferent whoever AP wants I will support but hereby state I am on record as saying all of the big 3 will NOT reach reasonable expectations if taken 123.

On Maye is the big difference vs Howell that he is much taller, and looks like Herbert wearing the #10? I do think those 2 factors sway folks more than they realize.

Yes Anthony Mix fans I am talking to you.
1712083442259.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Just one guy, but ouch.

That was brutal. But then he's fluffing Penix to the moon, whereas the Breer post yesterday ran Penix down like a mangey dog -- can't throw anything but the long ball.

Somebody with lots of time and a sick mind should do an FBI-style crime board with pics of the pundits and pics of the QBs with green string going to the QBs they love, yellow string to the ones they're meh on and red strings for the ones they hate.

(And before anybody suggests it -- I don't have that much time...)

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Just one guy, but ouch.

Simms is a moron who routinely gets it wrong.

While we’re at most of these talking heads and NFL personnel botch QB rankings on a yearly basis. Go back and read scouting reports on guys like Herbert and Mahomes and Love. They’re brutal.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Simms is a moron who routinely gets it wrong.

While we’re at most of these talking heads and NFL personnel botch QB rankings on a yearly basis. Go back and read scouting reports on guys like Herbert and Mahomes and Love. They’re brutal.

I agree. But us fans are no better at it either. You're definitely not :D:D:D I suck at it too. We just all have our preferences, but none of us can predict the future.

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
I just keep getting the Kurt Warner comments stuck in my head:

“I know many of you LOVE college football, but as I start to dive into these college QBs, it’s hard for me to even watch,” he said. “very few play on schedule, the pass concepts are a mess most of the time, they run the same play over and over, a million bubble screens, can’t find many concepts that translate to [the] next level.”

I have no idea who is the right call. I just hope we make the right one. We're due.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad