OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I'm going to lose 50 cents betting on the Eagles tonight but IDC

1726542601910.gif

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That Eagles game was a shame. A real damn shame.

probably

no team is 2-0. drag everyone down in the mud

it's official, Washington is 1st place
Is this the latest the team has been in first since…..I dunno, forever!!!???

PS — I can’t believe it already into (hmmm…..checks calendar), the middle of September, and the Derrrs are in first in the East!!!

Maybe Ron was right?

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
This early into things w a below avg O line and rookie QB?

Quick hitters, variety of run looks out of the same sets, screens etc ..most of offseason resources in FA went to D

I love it .. makes sense. K.I.S.S. is my life motto.

Feel like we only have 2-3 set formations installed .. 1-1, no injuries, no ints

As long as we play the Giants and they self destruct .. we win.

g49ji3j9ecx61[1].jpg

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
Game 2 and I hate our coach. 7 times in the redzone 0 TDs. And hes going to kill JD
Are you really blaming the coach?

Commanders have one of the weakest overall WR corps in the NFL, a rookie QB, old Ertz (though doing better than I expected) as their primary TE option, and a mediocre, at best, offensive line. Obviously, the red zone production has to improve, but you have to give Kingsbury credit for marching the team up and down the field (only 3 punts in 2 games so far).

The running thing is legit though. Ideally Daniels should be running only around 5 times per game just to keep the defense honest.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
People may not like what KK is doing but he’s been effective. Washington is tops in the league at % of drives that have a first down and has the third lowest three-and-out rate. PFF ranks Washington’s offensive line as 4th best for pass protection. BRob had a career day on Sunday and both running backs are regularly picking up chunks of yardage. Daniels is easily the best performing rookie QB. Explosive plays and scoring is down significantly across the league so it’s not just Washington, but they’re finding ways to move the ball consistently.

It’s not the offense I am worried about. For as many resources that have been poured into the defense their performance has been atrocious, and it starts with Allen and Payne not being good enough.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
It’s not the offense I am worried about. For as many resources that have been poured into the defense their performance has been atrocious, and it starts with Allen and Payne not being good enough.
Agreed on this .. Allen in his weekly interview w the junks sd giants went max protect which meant double teams for both DT

for whatver thats worth

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Agreed on this .. Allen in his weekly interview w the junks sd giants went max protect which meant double teams for both DT

for whatver thats worth
I was watching a few film studies and what’s most concerning on defense is that the Giants were often protecting with eight and running routes with only two receivers and they were still wide open for chunk plays. The secondary is so bad in coverage and with tackling that the box isn’t stacked and so it’s harder to defend the run but they also can’t defend the pass, even if it’s four or five DBs vs two Wars. If a team can both run and pass at will by keeping seven or eight in to protect they’re f***ed.

I can’t for understand why they wouldn’t bring in Xavier Howard, Patrick Peterson, JC Jackson, or some other free agents at least for workouts at this point. Michael Davis is awful in coverage and missed at least 5-6 tackles on Sunday.

DB I think is the clear biggest need to address this offseason followed by WR.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Further to my previous post re: offensive effectiveness.

Almost all those rushing stats are due to JD adding huge chunks to BRob/AE's total. There was not much rushing by RBs in week 1. PRetty solid in week 2, but JD's scrambles really skew the stats as if the OL is blocking so great for the running game. They're not. They stink to hell in the red zone, which is the real marker of an OL that can run block. JD scrambling for 22 yards on a passing play is not a good reflection of the OL at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad