OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Cincy have no run game. Zack Moss ain't a gamebreaking threat. Stop Burrow/Chase.
Singletary ran for 37 yards on 10 carries against the Vikes. He went for 95 yards on 16 carries against the ‘skins. I’m expecting Moss to have a more than decent day running the ball next week.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We have 3 rushing TDs and no passing TDs after 2 weeks. Two of those TDs were by the QB.

We've scored 20 and 21 points.

If the defense can hold Cincy to less than 20, we have a chance.

Believe it or not, WFT have scored more points in the first 2 weeks than Cincy.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Quick takes from this Sunday:

* Cowboys losing to the Saints was unexpected, Lions losing to the Bucs was a surprise, but
the 9ers losing to the Sam-Darnold-led-Vikings was a shock. 9ers schedule only get tougher from here. I'm predicting they limp into the playoffs as a wildcard.

* Its unbelievable that after all these years the Bengals still have O-Line problems. They've brought in high priced free agents, picked countless first round draft picks, nothing seems to work. Burrow and Chase are just going to waste.

Reactions: Neil Racki

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

* Cowboys losing to the Saints was unexpected, Lions losing to the Bucs was a surprise, but
the 9ers losing to the Sam-Darnold-led-Vikings was a shock. 9ers schedule only get tougher from here. I'm predicting they limp into the playoffs as a wildcard.

* Its unbelievable that after all these years the Bengals still have O-Line problems. They've brought in high priced free agents, picked countless first round draft picks, nothing seems to work. Burrow and Chase are just going to waste.
One takeaway was all that penalties the rookie KC left tackle took basically almost lost them the game.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Singletary ran for 37 yards on 10 carries against the Vikes. He went for 95 yards on 16 carries against the ‘skins. I’m expecting Moss to have a more than decent day running the ball next week.
Maybe. My top 3 RBs are down so I may have to play Moss in Wk3. A WFT win and big game for Moss would be acceptable.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Started watching the replay and you can see Gano limp off and tumble out of the field during the KO return that got called back. Damn. You don't notice those things at the game.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Washington scored 21 points with no TDs and also had no turnovers or punts. Has that ever happened before?
This was only the 2nd game in NFL history where a team scored 3 TDs and lost to a team that scored no TDs.

After looking back, this was a hilariously ugly game to watch.

Seven red zone trips, 7FGs. No punts, but no TDs. Giants scored 3TDs but no point after conversations. Pretty epic failures.

Believe it or not, WFT have scored more points in the first 2 weeks than Cincy.

Joe Burrow is going to light up our secondary like a Christmas tree.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Re: 49ers —

I live smack dab in 49er land. Their diehard fans (not the homers) knew this was a tough game, as they *have not* win in Minnesota since 1992. Long long time. Had lost the last 7 there….now 8.

They simply don’t play well in MN. It wasn’t a shock to me or them, simply because of that. They never win in Minn

• Wow
Reactions: RedRocking and g00n

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This was only the 2nd game in NFL history where a team scored 3 TDs and lost to a team that scored no TDs.

Seven red zone trips, 7FGs. No punts, but no TDs. Giants scored 3TDs but no point after conversations. Pretty epic failures.

I have Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase so next week is going to be great for me either way I suspect.

• Haha
Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

3 TDs zero extra points! that game was a statistical oddity…..now THIS is where @twabby could use his maths to impress us lol…..

I have Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase so next week is going to be great for me either way I suspect.
Talk that up all week….tempt the fates!

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
lol missed xp

Gano being out was a story the whole game, and I don't think they mentioned once that it wasn't just an issue of having the punter kick. You also need the backup holder in that situation, so it's a real double whammy.

I thought the game was fine, JD was fine, etc. The playcalling was pretty gutless in spots. There was a no-frills gut run on 3-and-4 from the 6 that was particularly galling. Trust the kid to make a play. It was the one deep red zone drive that didn't have an idiotic false start and they phoned in their 3rd down play to kick a field goal. Disappointing.

Reactions: qc14

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Overall I would stay a moderate but steady improvement from week 1 in all the places you would hope.

BRob is a monster and Ekeler clearly has lots of juice left -- seems so clear to me the gameplan should be to feed them the ball to open up some downfield and play action looks. No more WR bubble screens!

JD takes care of the football and looked more comfortable throwing downfield as the game progressed.

Mike Davis had me wishing Forbes was in ... every WR1 in the league is going to absolutely feast against us

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Micheal Davis - benched second half or sometime in 2Q? We were hoping he'd be our surprise bandaid like Ronald Darby but alas, dont look good.

Offense play calling - keep it simple stupid for the QB … limited looks and calls were expected

So far … about how we expected. Glad there hasn’t been too many injuries

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Micheal Davis - benched second half or sometime in 2Q? We were hoping he'd be our surprise bandaid like Ronald Darby but alas, dont look good.

Offense play calling - keep it simple stupid for the QB … limited looks and calls were expected

So far … about how we expected. Glad there hasn’t been too many injuries

Davis? Was he the dude in #25 that was beaten worse than Mondale in 1984?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
KK was better Week 2 with the emphasis on the run and drew up a few nice plays. The jury is still out but he’s shown me more the Quinn/Whitt.

Our D is whiffing on tackles and getting gashed and applying no pressure. Again, if you’re a D coordinator hired to be head coach your D better not be bottom tier…

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Edit.

New York became the first team in NFL history to score three touchdowns, allow no touchdowns -- and still lose the game in regulation.

First time ever, the other game went to overtime. Soooo.... We set a record. Or the Giants set a record? Either way, shitty football was played.

• Haha
Reactions: hotpaws and g00n

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad