OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
And here we go. I don’t know what they are teaching the kid, but it’s clearly “don’t let the ball go, don’t make a mistake”. Asinine.

Reactions: hotpaws

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
And here we go. I don’t know what they are teaching the kid, but it’s clearly “don’t let the ball go, don’t make a mistake”. Asinine.
I don't think they're teaching him that. They just haven't haven't broken through that the world won't end when he throws his first pick.

He wants to give us a chance, but he needs to let it rip.

Nice design on that play!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I have no issue with JD running like he is. That is an important part of his game. He seems to be making good decisions but he also wants to get the first downs. I like that!

Oh, and we need 7 points here!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I have no issue with JD running like he is. That is an important part of his game. He seems to be making good decisions but he also wants to get the first downs. I like that!

Oh, and we need 7 points here!
He can’t run the ball 10+ times a game and last a full season and if he can’t last a full season he’s not a franchise QB.

This isn’t sustainable.

It’s also mostly not his fault. He doesn’t have any receivers and they aren’t protecting him.

Also it’s his 2nd NFL game. There are concerns, but most QBs take a couple seasons not games.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1726424743752.gif

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Daniel Jones bobbled the ball and still got like 9. This is a reflection on Peters, Quinn, and Whitt. 10 out of 12 scoring drives, poor tackling technique, guys wide open. Their honeymoon is ending quickly. Even worse than JDR’s d.

• Haha
Reactions: Ridley Simon

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
The offensive plan looks better; they've designed an actual running attack and a complementary screen game. They need to call more downfield throws, and JD needs to give the extra beat to let them develop and then thre the ball. A pick isn't going to crush our Super Bowl dreams.

The D is still horrific. It's going to take a while for the pieces to gel, but the fact we can't generate a solid rush or cover anyone is ruinous.

But we ha e our greatest kicker in a generation, so at least there's that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad