OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I mean, I'd rather not see him throw himself into the meat grinder for a meaningless score in an unwinnable game.

I initially thought that also, but a score makes it a 2 TD game heading into the 4th quarter. Game wasn’t out of reach quite yet. It was just a boneheaded decision by him.

Feet first please JD (most of the time)….

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I initially thought that also, but a score makes it a 2 TD game heading into the 4th quarter. Game wasn’t out of reach quite yet. It was just a boneheaded decision by him.

Feet first please JD (most of the time)….
There was a minute and a half left in the game and we were down 25.

Edit: sorry, down 23.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The amount of talent Ron passed on to overdraft busts is wild.

This team could have Herbert/Love/Tua, Owusa Koramoah, Olave and Porter/Gonzalez.

Just the first rounders.

And other than the Young/QB debacle, the fan base was pushing for the rest of those picks.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
This weekly captain thing is getting lame. They should be season-long so we can hold them accountable jonathan allen

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
re: JD and not throwing the ball down the field much -- I really enjoyed Logan Paulsen's interview with Ben Standig this week ().
What he said which I think makes a lot of sense was that there were a couple of times where JD had windows to make throws downfield but either missed or thought he couldn't fit it in. What I liked though, was he actually framed it as a sign of maturity for a rookie QB who often times have the opposite issue. Wasn't playing hero-ball but actually trying to take care of the ball and give them chances.
He also was very complimentary of Tampa's D. Even after their injuries, they were throwing some really sophisticated schemes and looks at him -- and Paulsen anticipates NYG's defense to be much more straightforward.

A very informed and pretty balanced view on week 1 and well worth the listen.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
PXL_20240915_131918106.jpg

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
Jamin Davis reportedly inactive (healthy) today. They should try to move him for a (low) draft pick. I would be quite surprised if he were on the team next year. Maybe they can get a pick swap or a 6th/7th for someone looking for depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad