OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Philly fans all over twitter acting like we gave them mclaurin. "HOWIE DOES IT AGAIN!" lol right okay

Please flip this pick in a package for aiyuk AP

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hopefully more is coming, why take that loss on a trade to a in division rival prior to the season??? If you don’t see a future wait till the trade deadline or trade him in the off-season.
Have to assume something else is coming, or that Dotson was a real wet fart in the locker room and they just wanted to be rid of him.

Fair credit to AP and DQ though, certainly not afraid to make moves they feel are in the best interest of the team regardless of draft pedigree or prior status.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ron might have the worst span of drafting. We will have no players left from his drafts.

If we flip that pick then we shall wait and see.

Can we revisit the trade back from his. Howel, Dotson, Brob for Ovale not looking good anymore

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Uh... Not sure what we're doing with the Dotson trade. I guess Brown was going to take his job anyway, but moving up from likely early fifth to late third isn't much of a return (I have no idea what to make of the 7th round picks. They feel like just sweeteners, but not enough to really move the needle for me.)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Finlay saying on the radio just now that Dotson had questionable body language in camp, didn’t seem to buy in to the “everyone has to compete” mentality, and was annoyed to be playing the other night in the 2nd quarter catching passes from a backup…

Also said Brown is looking very good.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020

flat,750x1000,075,t.jpg

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Chase, Lamb, and Aiyuk potentially in play.

Dotson did not have any leverage and that was made clear to him. Bye.

Reactions: ynotcaps

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
hz7gpyjmck9rubfdtcwc[1].jpg

This makes the team worse.

Swapping a 5th for a 3rd is marginal.

This is dumb to me and I dont need to wait a few years to see how it plays out. If Dotson gets just 500 yards next season .. thats worth more then 5th for a 3rd

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
View attachment 902625

This makes the team worse.

Swapping a 5th for a 3rd is marginal.

This is dumb to me and I dont need to wait a few years to see how it plays out. If Dotson gets just 500 yards next season .. thats worth more then 5th for a 3rd
I don't think this is a "football deal". The goal is not to gain equal value. There is something else going on.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I don't think this is a "football deal". The goal is not to gain equal value. There is something else going on.
there has to be something else going on .. but he sounded good, reasonable grounded on an interview i heard from him a few days ago.

zero indication he was going to front office or becoming a distraction or asking for a trade

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I guess they didn't see the fit.

My buddy who went to camp said Forbes was basically locking Dotson down. That speaks volumes in and of itself
In that case, I'm glad was an intra-division trade -- at least now we know there's ONE GUY in the division EF13 can cover.

ETA: Friendly reminder that we took Dotson with the pick we got after trading down with the Saints who took -- Chris Olave. The more I look back on the RR years the less I think "good guy, bad coach/talent evaluator," and the more I think, "thanks a lot, asshole."

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
drafts .. I just wish we always just took next BPA on like espns board vs what we have done

BUT .. in the moment we all loved how RR turned the 11th overall (Olave) into Dotson, B Robinson, Howell and Cole Turner.

Lets not pretend we all werent all on board for Dotson after his rookie season or howling for Howell first half last season.

Cant wait to hear how Craig Hoffman will blame RR for the trade back now when he loved it the first year or so

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
The problem with RR trades for more picks is that they were picks that RR was going to use.

(I didn't love skipping Olave at the time. And yes, it's hindsight, but that trade has turned into Olave for BRob and whatever we get from the Dotson trade. The upside is, the new draft assets will be handled by actual professional personnel people.)

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
ESPN gives us an A-, Phiwwy a B-.

The first and last paragraphs:
This is a nice trade for the Commanders. It's soured a bit by a wasted first-round pick -- it's never good when the No. 16 overall pick gets traded away two seasons later for a middle-round selection -- but Washington was clearly moving on from Dotson, who was losing snaps in its wide receiver rotation. To get a third-round selection from Philadelphia for a player who was not a big part of your future plans is, objectively, a win.
--------
That said, it's a gamble. Dotson must improve, and the Eagles' offense must prove it can incorporate a third wide receiver as a viable target. If both Dotson and the Eagles' offense remain what they've been the past two seasons, then it's unlikely this trade will be worth the price Philadelphia paid. -- Solak

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
aiyuk is not coming here this season. you'd think his former GM would be in the mix but there's been almost no smoke

wait till off-season fa and you can really lock him up long term

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad