Prospect Info: Oilers Rookie at the Penticton Young Stars Classic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleatbloop

Aug 20, 2024
Akey is the big name for me. We desperately need one of these guys to exceed expectations at the very least.

Last year Akey's skating was beautiful, so if he has got bigger and stronger I feel like he is a lock to play in the NHL at some capacity. He could outskate nearly everyone on our NHL club, just needs to get the man strength together.

Hell, I didn't get my man strength til pretty late, around 22 or 23. Was always tall and lanky, could shoot the puck decently but was playing at 6'3" 155ish lbs. Came back to playing at 210 lbs and could obliterate the puck. Was lucky enough to play summer hockey with quite a few NHL/AHL/college guys and I could shoot the puck harder than any of them. Oh to go back in time.....

Now back to reality, Akey with some strength and adjusting to NHL pace has the potential to be a star. We saw the maturation process with Broberg, and that's a player who has trouble handling the puck. Akey is great at it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Akey is the big name for me. We desperately need one of these guys to exceed expectations at the very least.

Last year Akey's skating was beautiful, so if he has got bigger and stronger I feel like he is a lock to play in the NHL at some capacity. He could outskate nearly everyone on our NHL club, just needs to get the man strength together.

Hell, I didn't get my man strength til pretty late, around 22 or 23. Was always tall and lanky, could shoot the puck decently but was playing at 6'3" 155ish lbs. Came back to playing at 210 lbs and could obliterate the puck. Was lucky enough to play summer hockey with quite a few NHL/AHL/college guys and I could shoot the puck harder than any of them. Oh to go back in time.....

Now back to reality, Akey with some strength and adjusting to NHL pace has the potential to be a star. We saw the maturation process with Broberg, and that's a player who has trouble handling the puck. Akey is great at it.
This is good optimism.. I have 0 expectations from Akey so anything he accomplishes would be a bonus.

Savoir and SOR panning out would be huge. Wanner as #6D would be great as well.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Nathan Day should be getting the first start I think. He has played a ton of games since being drafted.
Wakeley also has a really interesting past. COVID messed up his development then he was left in the bottom six the year after as he couldn't get his game to settle. Now it seems like he's found it

Reactions: oilers'72

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

I like seeing Clattenburg riding shotgun with the two prizes up front. Although, I'm a little worried he's not going to deescalate but rather initiate, lol.

He's such a hope & a prayer to make it, and then increasingly in such a niche role, but I think he might be a fun follow this year. He played centre and scored within the opening minutes of play in Flint's preseason game before coming to rookie camp. A visiting Sarnia Sting fan had this to say about Connor in that preseason game:

Clattenburg looks substantially better to me. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a go to guy.

I went through the Flint Firebird offseason thread and pulled some nice things they had to say about Clattenburg:

Another strong game from Day. Pretty happy for Clattenburg. The kid has performed above expectations every game since his arrival. He just does little things that I like and often show his character. Like the other night after the big OT Win. Everybody jumps the boards and races towards Slavicek. Not Clattenburg. He’s racing towards Day. Kid has been good and I think there’s a decent chance he’s a stud OA for them in the future too.

Well he more than doubled his goals scored in the 30 games with Flint vs the 30 he played in the Soo. We were kind of surprised at his level of play. We knew he was a tough guy but he turned out to be a tough guy with some skill and just as importantly he is a leader on the ice. He was a clutch player too. Always seemed to have that big hit or be johnny on the spot in the corners and in front of the net. He took a lot of pressure off our younger players when other team would try to rough them up. Set a good example for them. The kid brings a lot t to the table other than scoring.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I like seeing Clattenburg riding shotgun with the two prizes up front. Although, I'm a little worried he's not going to be deescalate but rather initiate, lol.

He's such a hope & a prayer to make it, and then increasingly in such a niche role, but I think he might be a fun follow this year. He played centre and scored within the opening minutes of play in his Flint's preseason game before coming to rookie camp. A visiting Sarnia Sting fan had this to say about Connor in that preseason game:

I went through the Flint Firebird offseason thread and pulled some nice things they had to say about Clattenburg:

Apparently he hits everything that moves which is nice. Sort of like an anti-McLoed.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Reactions: oilers'72

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

I'm not even going to post the Oilers link. They've once again put their stream behind the paywall of oilersplus, while the Canucks, Flames, and Jets have free streams off their team websites. Even when I had a complimentary sub to oilersplus last year, I would watch rivals streams because of principle.

Boo Edmonton Oilers, boo.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

I'm not even going to post the Oilers link. They've once again put their stream behind the paywall of oilersplus, while the Canucks, Flames, and Jets have free streams off their team websites. Even when I had a complimentary sub to oilersplus last year, I would watch rivals streams because of principle.

Boo Edmonton Oilers, boo.

someone has to pay for Leon's new contract!
I kid, as this is BS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad