OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reactions: Neil Racki

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I like the strategy that says you always go for it, anyway.

We'll need to get this position ironed out as the team improves, and in the meantime I'm fully prepared for the welcome change of hating our kicker like most teams do and no longer feeling like our punter is our best player.

And I like the solidarity between these two guys. "Missed two gimmes, did ya? Hold my beer." Them being equally unexceptional makes for an exciting contest.

In other news, pretty good interview with DQ today...

No earth-shattering reveals, but nice that it wasn't all about JD. Little bit about the new kickoff, good stuff about Sainristil, etc....

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I know it's one day and a few Wilson highlights, but Forbes looks massively outclassed among NFL WRs. He seems to barely be able to run without stumbling.

If he doesn't beef up those toothpick legs he's going to get chased from the league very soon. NFL receivers are strong af these days and precision cuts at near-top-speed are the norm. A DB that falls over trying to keep his spider legs under him is not going to make it.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Toast Forbes is back….
Our corner group is the worst in the league imo .. kam curl could have really helped go like quarters or something a bunch vs 11 personnel/spread as we have a bunch of tweeners now (martin, chinn, forrest .. curl).

Going to be real interesting to see what the new coaching staff cooks up.

Ill say it .. rons and martins drafts sucked ball sacks and set us back

Reactions: g00n

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Our corner group is the worst in the league imo .. kam curl could have really helped go like quarters or something a bunch vs 11 personnel/spread as we have a bunch of tweeners now (martin, chinn, forrest .. curl).

Going to be real interesting to see what the new coaching staff cooks up.

Ill say it .. rons and martins drafts sucked ball sacks and set us back
Welcome to “State the Obvious!!….. with your guest host, Neal Racki!!”

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Most important take-aways (to me) from practice against the Jets:
1) JD was good as he could be with
2) a broken OL -- it was essentially all backups, but given the rate at which starters get hurt, not at all comforting to hear that they didn't measure up
3) Our outside corners still look like trash -- Forbes was Forbes, and apparently BSJ wasn't very good either
4) Sainristil looked like he belongs
5) Neither of kickers did

IOW, pretty much everything we thought going in wound up being true.

Not going to panic about the OL until our starting OTs either get in and show they can't play (Wylie's pretty close already) or don't get out there at all because of injuries (Wylie's pretty close already.)

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I'm still slamming the over on 6 wins this year. You can complain about CB's all you want but at any other position they arguably upgraded

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

Some praise for Jamin Davis…
I knew it was a Dean Jones article when I read the phrase "athletic intangibles." Dude must get paid by the word, bonuses for cliches, but he should get docked every time he uses that phrase.

The quote from Whitt is more of the "he's willing to learn, I'm glad he's trying" variety than the "he's caught my eye, I think we've got something."

Would like to see JD work out -- I don't get joy out of watching RR's picks wash out -- but that struck me more as a hack making an article out of a standard answer to a question that he posed.

I'm still slamming the over on 6 wins this year. You can complain about CB's all you want but at any other position they arguably upgraded
I'd love to see the over, but OL and secondary need to demonstrate marked improvement before I'd put money on it.

Reactions: Bananas

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I knew it was a Dean Jones article when I read the phrase "athletic intangibles." Dude must get paid by the word, bonuses for cliches, but he should get docked every time he uses that phrase.

The quote from Whitt is more of the "he's willing to learn, I'm glad he's trying" variety than the "he's caught my eye, I think we've got something."

Would like to see JD work out -- I don't get joy out of watching RR's picks wash out -- but that struck me more as a hack making an article out of a standard answer to a question that he posed.

I'd love to see the over, but OL and secondary need to demonstrate marked improvement before I'd put money on it.
“Jamin's has been very willing to learn from a very good coach. And you see him each day getting better from just being a guy that can possibly rush the passer, to being a guy that can play the run. He is a big man that has power and I've been pleased with what he's doing and his buy-in to looking at doing a little bit something different."

I feel like that quote is a big positive for a guy with nothing but negatives attached to him, but that’s me….I still won’t be surprised when he’s cut someday, but today, it’s a step in the right direction at least….IMO.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
“Jamin's has been very willing to learn from a very good coach. And you see him each day getting better from just being a guy that can possibly rush the passer, to being a guy that can play the run. He is a big man that has power and I've been pleased with what he's doing and his buy-in to looking at doing a little bit something different."

I feel like that quote is a big positive for a guy with nothing but negatives attached to him, but that’s me….I still won’t be surprised when he’s cut someday, but today, it’s a step in the right direction at least….IMO.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I mean, we can’t in one breath, continue to mock how bad the coaching was (especially the defensive side), while also lambasting many of these players for “why aren’t they improving!!”, in the other breath.

Obviously one did significantly impact the other. Sure, they could all be shit players, I get that. BUT, they all did some extremely good things in very good conferences in college (Davis, Dotson, & Forbes), so it’s not like they’ve been dogs their football lives.

I sincerely hope all 3 get a full year under this coaching regime. If by next spring, they still all suck ass, then work accordingly.

It’s not like they need the cap space from them, for this year. So it’s a sunk cost there. Unless they are locker room problems, let them roll for the year.

Just IMO

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida

Lengthy segment from a studio full of people with no DC bias. Nothing epic, but worth a watch.

Us GenXers will get all sorts of feels from this

Also the first time Forbes looks like a beast. Not just because he won so hard the game broke, but just look at how much bigger he is than those boxers. His size is way underrated...

• Haha
Reactions: ynotcaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad