OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Someone asked me the odds Washington trades for Aiyuk, I said the thing to remember is Shanahan hates Washington and Quinn and these are for separate things. They're going to have to outbid Cleveland, NE, and the Steelers to begin with since they're in the NFC.
his former front office guy also works with Washington.

honestly just wait until he hits fa

Reactions: Silky mitts

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I don't really think we need him this year. wait till FA and we won't have to give up any picks. Plus we still have plenty of FA cap space

Let someone else loan him for a year

Reactions: Ridley Simon

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Would like to see any spare (and some non-spare) resources spent on the OL before going after a WR.

Big-name WRs changing teams seems very bust or boom. You have some terrific success stories like AJ Brown to the Eagles, DeAndre Hopkins to the Cardinals, and Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins but then you also have dud trades like Julio Jones to the Titans, Odell Beckham Jr to the Browns, and Antonio Brown to the Raiders. High risk, high reward... especially if said WR is looking to get paid.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Mccaffrey not with the 1st stringers? You gotta be shittin me
OZ has apparently really stepped up, but I think McC is currently 4th on the depth for WRs. He'll play a bunch this year and probably replace Dotson next year. Remember, McC has only played WR for two years. He was a QB before that in college.

Reactions: Roric

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
OZ has apparently really stepped up, but I think McC is currently 4th on the depth for WRs. He'll play a bunch this year and probably replace Dotson next year. Remember, McC has only played WR for two years. He was a QB before that in college.
I think you are the agent for at least half this draft class? LOL

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Would like to see any spare (and some non-spare) resources spent on the OL before going after a WR.

Big-name WRs changing teams seems very bust or boom. You have some terrific success stories like AJ Brown to the Eagles, DeAndre Hopkins to the Cardinals, and Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins but then you also have dud trades like Julio Jones to the Titans, Odell Beckham Jr to the Browns, and Antonio Brown to the Raiders. High risk, high reward... especially if said WR is looking to get paid.

If he really turned down north of 30m with the pats then at least it's not all about the money with him. I think he just really wants to come play in washington with JD. But that's fine he can go play in pittsburgh for a year and we'll nab him next offseason when the team has gotten stronger

Reactions: Ridley Simon

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If he really turned down north of 30m with the pats then at least it's not all about the money with him. I think he just really wants to come play in washington with JD. But that's fine he can go play in pittsburgh for a year and we'll nab him next offseason when the team has gotten stronger
Very true. Sounds like he wanted to have it all - play where he wants and get paid, which you can’t blame him for. I think the ideal job for anyone is working with people you like, doing what you like, and getting paid as much as possible.

Sounds like SF screwed the pooch on this one too. Pittsburgh evidently offered them a first at the draft but SF said no and now there’s no first on the table. Maybe George Pickens goes back the other way?

I also like the move for Pittsburgh. They were only better than the Jets, Panthers, Giants, and Patriots last season in terms of points per game.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Fascinating…..I dig it.

Pre-practice news that Daniels, Hartman’s best friend on the team, would be the Commanders’ starting quarterback in Saturday’s preseason opener overshadowed the legends’ presence.

“You guys can tell it’s like two brothers,” Hartman said of his relationship with Daniels. “I enjoy watching him grow, compete and learn.”

Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Very true. Sounds like he wanted to have it all - play where he wants and get paid, which you can’t blame him for. I think the ideal job for anyone is working with people you like, doing what you like, and getting paid as much as possible.

Sounds like SF screwed the pooch on this one too. Pittsburgh evidently offered them a first at the draft but SF said no and now there’s no first on the table. Maybe George Pickens goes back the other way?

I also like the move for Pittsburgh. They were only better than the Jets, Panthers, Giants, and Patriots last season in terms of points per game.
I would be shocked if SF were to send Pickens back -- it wouldn't make sense for them to marginally improve their WR production for an older, more expensive guy. Really only makes sense for them if they are increasing the threat-level of both guys by making the other team have to pick their poison in terms of coverage.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Too early in the rebuild to trade draft capital for a receiver that probably doesn't match the time line.

O line needs serious attention next free agency and next draft. If they do hit on Coleman it would seriously help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad