Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, Buck has the knowledge and experience to be one of the best in the business. I think it makes the other stuff that much more frustrating because I really appreciate the in-game analysis, but he just can't shut up about the rest of it.

The Jeter/Brett negative stuff to me is a drop in the bucket compared to the positive stuff, honestly.

Watching games like this (and Seattle games which I also watch regularly) it's infuriating as the commentators are barely actually even calling the game, never mind analyzing the game.

Good news is that it appears to be systemic at this point as Shulman, Siddall, and Caleb Joseph in his debut in the last series all are also doing much the same thing.

Reactions: Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The problem with Buck is he's stuck in the past. The game has changed. Siddall is excellent because he's more modern.

Buck’s actual game analysis is still excellent in terms of what’s happening on the field. It’s just when he gets into discussing statistics that he’s still in 1975.

Lol, 424 feet on a 98.9 EV. Wind must be blowing out. Jimenez looks like a legit prospect, though.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Buck’s actual game analysis is still excellent in terms of what’s happening on the field. It’s just when he gets into discussing statistics that he’s still in 1975.

Lol, 424 feet on a 98.9 EV. Wind must be blowing out. Jimenez looks like a legit prospect, though.
He didn't like shifts at one point, he fails to understand why teams do certain things, like RBIs and wins for pitchers, and doesn't go out of his way to understand any new stat.

Buck is good but Siddall is much better.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Jays traded Leo during the offseason.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
He didn't like shifts at one point, he fails to understand why teams do certain things, like RBIs and wins for pitchers, and doesn't go out of his way to understand any new stat.

Buck is good but Siddall is much better.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Jays traded Leo during the offseason.
His takes on the shift were hilarious. It could work 95% of the time and he would still use the 5% as evidence that the shift is a terrible idea.

Reactions: canucksfan

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Description of the last out on MLB.com

Ernie Clement lines into a force out, third baseman Isaac Paredes to shortstop Dansby Swanson to third baseman Isaac Paredes. Alejandro Kirk out at 3rd. Will Wagner to 2nd. Ernie Clement to 1st.

I'm confused.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Cam't watch the game but man how many singles do they need to score a run? 7 singles? Got to be the slowest team on base i've ever watched in my life.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I didn’t bring a poncho. Well, f***.

GA0u1It.jpeg

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I wonder what would happen if Schneider shaved his sideburns.
Schneider's numbers have been awful and more importantly, he looks lost at the plate. Is anyone helping this guy out? He screams flash in the pan for me. Hitting .050 in the last 7 games, .109 in the last 15 games. Pretty well an automatic out at this point. Then again, he had alot of help today...10 men left on base. Kirk is once again proving he can't handle a large workload for long...hitting .087 in his last 7 games.

Reactions: LaP

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Berroa and Guerrero ABs in the 8th/9th were absolutely awful.
I felt Horwitz actually had to do something a little more as they were pitching around him.. Need to expand the zone a bit and try to get a piece of something. Love his plate discipline, more of a desperation thing with Berroa behind him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Schneider's numbers have been awful and more importantly, he looks lost at the plate. Is anyone helping this guy out? He screams flash in the pan for me. Hitting .050 in the last 7 games, .109 in the last 15 games. Pretty well an automatic out at this point. Then again, he had alot of help today...10 men left on base. Kirk is once again proving he can't handle a large workload for long...hitting .087 in his last 7 games.
That's why the whole Kirk is top 15 is misleading. If you are a number 2 because you can't handle the load then you are not top 30.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It feels like every ball the Jays have hit well the last couple days has been a liner right at someone or a fly ball to the warning track.

Reactions: MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad