Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA Ohtanis Makes History

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think Vladdy, Bo being Bo, a big bat (via FA or trade), and Horwitz is a good hitting core. If they can get 2 legit bats, even better. Tigers have a bunch of slightly above average hitters looking at their OPS+ and one starting pitcher and they are in the playoffs. There’s definitely a path to contention next year.

Reactions: Puckstuff

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think Vladdy, Bo being Bo, a big bat (via FA or trade), and Horwitz is a good hitting core. If they can get 2 legit bats, even better. Tigers have a bunch of slightly above average hitters looking at their OPS+ and one starting pitcher and they are in the playoffs. There’s definitely a path to contention next year.

1727899667496.png

Neat little factoid I came across the other day......and at the same time rather depressing because Detroit's still playing and the Jays aren't. :laugh:

The Jays, aside from Vladdy going beast mode, seemed like a team chock-full of utility players just trying to make a go of it.

Horwitz, Clement, Barger, Wagner, De Los Santos, Loperfido, and let's not forget Davis Schneider having the slumpiest season there ever was.

Who's the everyday 3B next season? How about 2B?

Atkins has his work cut out for him.....but at this point I wouldn't trust him to plan a two-car parade.

Hope he's got a plan.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

henryasteroidlionnet

May 4, 2024

Atkins on offensive needs: "Power is low-hanging fruit to add. In today's game, you have to be cognizant of strikeouts when you do do that." Also says contact is "exceptionally important" in the playoffs, so "not as simple as plug in a power bat" unless they're versatile.​

Four of the six division winners are in the top 10 for home runs hit in 2024.

The Jays are 26th.

Want to talk about playing the game today, Ross? Home runs are absolutely a central part of it.

Get this clown out of here, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad