Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA Ohtanis Makes History

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Yeah must suck to have a team that made the playoffs 3 of the past 4 seasons in the best division in baseball. Although this year didn’t work out, I’m not sure it’s the been the disaster you think it is. Take a deep breath.
How many playoff games have they won in those 3 years? Let me help you….zero. All three wild card games. Two of those years they lost in embarrassing fashion as an indirect result of management stupidity. Change is needed and continuing to fill the stadium only fuels the excuses to keep these incompetent boobs.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
How many playoff games have they won in those 3 years? Let me help you….zero. All three wild card games. Two of those years they lost in embarrassing fashion as an indirect result of management stupidity. Change is needed and continuing to fill the stadium only fuels the excuses to keep these incompetent boobs.

Selling 15000 tickets instead of 30000 won't change anything. The best thing a team can do to make extra money is get into the playoffs and go as far as possible.

Every team, no matter how much they suck, is going to see a big attendance bump this weekend. Some people just like baseball, and this is the last chance to see it until March.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
The fans just gave this team a standing ovation in the bottom of the 3rd.

Are you f***ing kidding me right now????

Reactions: aingefan

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Yuck, what a terrible finish. Vladdy couldn't even get his 200th hit...

they got swept by a 100 loss team to finish the season at 14 games under.

some big changes better be coming.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yuck, what a terrible finish. Vladdy couldn't even get his 200th hit...

they got swept by a 100 loss team to finish the season at 14 games under.

some big changes better be coming.
Chase for 200 = Chase for 70. Doesn’t gets completed

I think Atkins still needs to be fired. That's the first thing that has to happen.
I assume he and the guy that fills out the lineup he gives him will be let go tomorrow.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And thus brings an end to a disappointing season.

Let's see what they do in the winter. Don't need the big fish like Soto but money will need to be spent to fill the holes on this roster.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Welp. That’s that for that.

The return of Vladdy, a solid starting staff is a good startling point.

A deeper system and lots of legitimate maybes that are close to being better than league average position players is good.

Also good is that the Jays *must* have used up three years worth of bad bullpen karma. Not much went right out there such that it can’t possibly be worse next year….right? Nowhere to go but up?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Welp. That’s that for that.

The return of Vladdy, a solid starting staff is a good startling point.

A deeper system and lots of legitimate maybes that are close to being better than league average position players is good.

Also good is that the Jays *must* have used up three years worth of bad bullpen karma. Not much went right out there such that it can’t possibly be worse next year….right? Nowhere to go but up?
At points it feels like one would have a better chance unlocking the secrets of the universe than trying to understand bullpen consistency from year to year.

There's some teams that have a mastery of it for sure; The Brewers seemingly being able to materialize starters and relievers alike out of thin air, the Astros, Seattle being able to pick Joe Blow off the scrap heap and turning him into a reliable late game option. Then there's teams like Arizona. Had a pretty good bullpen in the second half after they got a guy like Paul Sewald to stablize it/set everyone else's role in stone. This year? Abject disaster.

I think really all you can hope as a fan is they identify the guys who they think would be the best fit, and then hope it works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad