Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA Ohtanis Makes History

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Does Lukes make the team next year? He’s been the best hitter for weeks now
pretty good chance that he’s an extra outfielder, yeah.
Can spot all the positions, have good at bats. He could be the guy that spells Springer in right.
How much burn he gets will likely depend on how much the Jays add to the offence and where, and what the plans are for the ‘younger than Lukes’ kids.
I presume they add one big bat, position tbd. And I’m sure they hope one of Loperfido/Barger grab a spot and run with it.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
pretty good chance that he’s an extra outfielder, yeah.
Can spot all the positions, have good at bats. He could be the guy that spells Springer in right.
How much burn he gets will likely depend on how much the Jays add to the offence and where, and what the plans are for the ‘younger than Lukes’ kids.
I presume they add one big bat, position tbd. And I’m sure they hope one of Loperfido/Barger grab a spot and run with it.

You mean Soto, right? :D

Reactions: aingefan

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't know if I trust this front office to do that.

Last two years the "big bats" were 35 year old Brandon Belt and a 40 year old Justin Turner.

To be fair, there's more out there this winter. You have Soto, you have Santander, you have O'Neill, and more guys i am forgeting.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yeah, but there were trades to be made if they had good prospects, Soto being a prime example.

I think our prospects this off season are better too, more attractive. I do think they need to fire Atkins if they actually do want to put this thing back on the rails for 2025. I can agree with you on that.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I don't know if I trust this front office to do that.

Last two years the "big bats" were 35 year old Brandon Belt and a 40 year old Justin Turner.
Plus a swing and a miss on one guy.

Skepticism is fair enough, but they’ve generally done okay in free agency. There’s gonna be lotsa competition at the top end. I’ll keep my glass half full that they get one.

Ps, Belt was fine btw. Not quite enough, but fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad