Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA Ohtanis Makes History

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The Rays have LESS homeruns than the Jays and have one of the best 1-Run records this season. In fact the top 5 teams in HRs have worse 1-run records than the Rays.
They have 178 stolen bases, The jays have 70.

Like i've said since the beginning of last year you can't have both no power and no speed.

The Jays is a double and single team. They would have a lot more success offensively if they would steal bases.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
They have 178 stolen bases, The jays have 70.

Like i've said since the beginning of last year you can't have both no power and no speed.

The Jays is a double and single team. They would have a lot more success offensively if they would steal bases.

I feel like this is missing quite a few dimensions of what makes a good ball club. The entire point is that 1-run records are a mirage and aren’t indicative of a team’s ability or success. Even the Rockies have a good 1-run record.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I think you have COMPLETELY misunderstood the point people have made in that discussion.
What's to misunderstand? This team does not hit enough home runs to be competitive.

I don't know the numbers, but I'd bet they will finish with fewer home runs in 15+ years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad