Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 |Wed, Jul 10 | @ SF | 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT | Bassitt vs Webb

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Schneider is an idiot for pinch hitting Horwitz
My only issue with it is that it was too early. Horwitz has never hit lefties, and Saucedo is ridiculously dominant against lefties, so it was definitely good as a one-off move. But it was the 6th, so it wasn't a one-off move because Horwitz was guaranteed to come up at least one more time.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
My only issue with it is that it was too early. Horwitz has never hit lefties, and Saucedo is ridiculously dominant against lefties, so it was definitely good as a one-off move. But it was the 6th, so it wasn't a one-off move because Horwitz was guaranteed to come up at least one more time.
At some point though, don't you want these young players to get more experience so their weaknesses have a chance to improve?

All this shielding and micro-managing in what's pretty much a lost year is just puzzling.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
At some point though, don't you want these young players to get more experience so their weaknesses have a chance to improve?

All this shielding and micro-managing in what's pretty much a lost year is just puzzling.
I guess it depends if you think it's something he's likely to improve or not. Considering his numbers at AA/AAA the last three years, I think there a good chance Horwitz just can't hit lefties, and I doubt that's likely to change.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Normally, I'd be excited for the Seattle series each year but not this year.
Team is in disarray and all those Jays fans are treated to a poor product.
As one of the 5 of us who actually lives in Seattle… 😭 (GTA born/raised)

Tbh, I’ll take this year’s Seattle trip over last year’s. The Taylor Swift concert being right across the street the same weekend as the Jays was genuinely a nightmare to navigate. Pioneer Square/ID/SoDo went from “organized shitshow” to “complete chaos and anarchy”.

Also, this year’s tickets were surprisingly affordable! Last year, it was cheaper for me to fly to Denver over Labor Day weekend, see all 3 Jays games at Coors, and fly back than seeing the Jays at the ballpark I live a 30 min walk away from. And that’s knowing I’d have to subject myself to a backsliding Jays team vs a wretched Rockies team that is a bottom 3 product in baseball.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Sigh…

lv0RKjP.jpeg

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Jeez that was a nail biter. Jays load the bases in bottom 10th but survive to win the game and the series.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
George Springer quietly roaring back to burn down your village?

1.221 OPS in the last 2 weeks.
I’m hoping he stays hot until the deadline and some team is fooled into wanting him. Have a feeling he go ice coke after the all star break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad